GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"has ne one had ne probs with ps2 dvd player"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/04/02 at 20:19
Regular
just wondering if ne one has had ne probs at all

does dvd work fine with standard scart? or do u need rgb scart to get rid of 'green screen'
Tue 16/04/02 at 14:19
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Ð㥠Wålké® wrote:
> Why? is zero banned?

Zero was banned because he was a hot headed idiot. It was only a matter of time before one of the comments he made yesterday got him thrown out.
Tue 16/04/02 at 13:56
Regular
"size does matter"
nh wrote:
> I have no problems at all with mine (Apart from the noise that pesky
> fan makes !). The only thing that I have noticed also is that the
> sound needs to be a lot higher on the tele when watching a DVD -
> hardly a major problem though .

You can solve that high sound problem from the dvd menu, I don`t remember the exact way, but there was smth with audio options.

No problems with my ps2dvd, except that it doesn`t want to play used (I`ve always wondered what kind of animals use dvds in a way that they`re all scratched and dirty afterwards?)dvds too happily. Then it sometimes won`t be able to read the disc. That`s pretty much all.
Tue 16/04/02 at 12:37
My PS2 does have a 'sound sync' problem playing DVDs.
After watching for a while (like 30 mins or so ) the sound is out of sync with the picture. Pressing 'pause' for a couple of seconds seems to cure this though...

Not really complaining - just an observation...

Mine is a launch day machine though - perhaps this has been cured in later models. There was quite a bit of talk about this on the forum months ago...

M.
Mon 15/04/02 at 21:42
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
sorry had no problems with the ps2 dvd player, but i did read somewhere on the net about green screen problems try searching on a search engine you might get info on how to solve the problem.
Mon 15/04/02 at 19:50
"Right!!!!!™"
Why? is zero banned?
Mon 15/04/02 at 14:11
Regular
"A man with a stick"
No problems with my PS2 DVD player at all, except that sodding fan. Its way too loud.
Mon 15/04/02 at 11:37
I've read on few sites that some versions of the US console have really dodgy DVD lasers, alot of them have reported that after watching a few movies on their PS2 it no longer boots DVD games.

I've also heard that alot of Version 3 PAL PS2's have got cheaper units in them and are very prone to mis-aligining themselves, or wearing out alot quicker than they should, apparently they're also extremely sensetive to any dust or fingerprints on the discs.

My brothers had his PS2 since UK launch and hasn't had any problems at all but if you look an alot of the service and repair sites, there are loads of people having problems. I reckon alot of them had their PS2 chipped though or used the knife swap, so what they expect, they deserve it.
Mon 15/04/02 at 11:28
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
I have no problems at all with mine (Apart from the noise that pesky fan makes !). The only thing that I have noticed also is that the sound needs to be a lot higher on the tele when watching a DVD - hardly a major problem though .
Sun 14/04/02 at 21:39
Regular
i have had no problems since i have had it, which is over a year now, it has been perfect
Sun 14/04/02 at 20:53
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
The only problem i have is when i play a dvd the sound is quieter than that of games. I read in a magazine you can simply higher it up by going on the audio menu and setting the volume from standard to +2, but it doesnt seem to work on mine. Anyone else had this problem?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.