GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Community Site Ideas, all read!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/04/02 at 20:13
Regular
This topic was originally in the "Web Design and gaming enthusiasts" Topic, but i have started a new one as a new idea has been raised.

We will start a community site which contains details about all members and there specialitys e.g cheats, reviews, webdesign!

It will also contain reviews and so on, but will be generally used to promote the SR forums, and gameaday, but its a chance for the users to contribute to a site!

I will work with a group of designers & programmers and we will design a site that will be interactive for users.

So all reply and say what you can help with and ideas!

Also email [email protected]

We will make the ultimate site together!
Sun 14/04/02 at 20:13
This topic was originally in the "Web Design and gaming enthusiasts" Topic, but i have started a new one as a new idea has been raised.

We will start a community site which contains details about all members and there specialitys e.g cheats, reviews, webdesign!

It will also contain reviews and so on, but will be generally used to promote the SR forums, and gameaday, but its a chance for the users to contribute to a site!

I will work with a group of designers & programmers and we will design a site that will be interactive for users.

So all reply and say what you can help with and ideas!

Also email [email protected]

We will make the ultimate site together!
Sun 14/04/02 at 20:16
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I'd like to do some of the programming, although I'm not any good with PHP, just HTML, JavaScript, ASP and VML. Sorry.

But I reeaally want to do this, so pleeaase!

Lets hope we get lots of replies here.
Sun 14/04/02 at 20:20
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I'll do some PHP if I can help out with anything.
Sun 14/04/02 at 20:27
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Sounds a lot like srwebtech. Anyway, it's an idea with a lot of potential.
Sun 14/04/02 at 20:30
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Reminds me of NintyUK, which I once . . err. . ."worked" for.

*sniff**sob*

Those were the good ol' days!
Sun 14/04/02 at 20:42
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I'm a mortal god with PHP and MySQL. I can do any backend you want. I'm also fairly good at design. A bit busy with GCSEs and stuff right now though.
Sun 14/04/02 at 21:18
Regular
"Brrrrr."
We could get money from advertising whith which we do a 'Gameaday' idea with! (Not called gameaday, obviously with copyright and all that...)
Sun 14/04/02 at 22:07
Hey, im glad you all are interested in this idea. Im a bit like turbonutter though, busy with my gcse's! So its not really a good time for me to be starting anything.

HOWEVER I can make a design in no time at all. And am not revising 24/7 so i can still help (but not as much as i would like).

Can you all email me at [email protected]

Tell me what you can definetly help with. I will need to get together a "management" team of some sort, this will consist of designers, programmers (all languages), and people who can update regulary and spare a lot of time. Then we can get sorted on what we are doing.

We need to decide on a domain and name for the site 1st! Then start getting some ideas together. Once we know the basics of the site we can start to design and install the scripts. Then we will be ready to start adding content.

Keep emailing me and posting in this topic so we can it all sorted as soon as possible. Thanks
Sun 14/04/02 at 22:20
Regular
I design and code HTML. Learning still, but i have a big book with all the answers and a couple of sites worth of experience.

latest eg (the content isn't done yet, but the design is about sorted. don't blame me for the color scheme!):

huw41.tripod.com/aber/index

we should have a page of links to contributors' individual sites, or maybe a page about each team member, including their links, maybe a photo?

no to frames, yes to style sheets (but not in linked documents) and no pictures of dustin hoffman

that's what i think
Mon 15/04/02 at 16:15
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
As I said in the other topic, I'm a pretty good reviewer (bah that my renegade review didn't win a GAD...:) ) bit a poor coder.

I only know basic HTML, but I'm *not bad* on Fireworks...still only on the 5th chapter of my 5inch thick book about it though :)

http://www.geocities.com/UK_PCGurus/ is my latest offering to the internet community... They'll hate me for it :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.