GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Community Site Ideas, all read!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/04/02 at 20:13
Regular
This topic was originally in the "Web Design and gaming enthusiasts" Topic, but i have started a new one as a new idea has been raised.

We will start a community site which contains details about all members and there specialitys e.g cheats, reviews, webdesign!

It will also contain reviews and so on, but will be generally used to promote the SR forums, and gameaday, but its a chance for the users to contribute to a site!

I will work with a group of designers & programmers and we will design a site that will be interactive for users.

So all reply and say what you can help with and ideas!

Also email [email protected]

We will make the ultimate site together!
Tue 16/04/02 at 17:01
Ok guys im glad you all wannna help but its hard to talk about it all over the forums so can you please email me if you want to help. ;0
Mon 15/04/02 at 18:01
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
ah, i'm loosing my mind already...
You've been wanting to get photoshop into a convo for ages...well done ;)
Mon 15/04/02 at 17:55
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I shall give you extra bullet holes for those comments :D

Well if Dan had showed intret in it before the holidays it would have helped, just take a weekend maybe to fiddle around with the programs,
I think most of the people here use Fireworks and/or Flash so ask around.

My Flash is ok, isn't it? bah, patronising litt.. *mumbles*
Mon 15/04/02 at 16:59
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Fogmaster wrote:
> You could learn how to use it within a week, Easter Hols would have
> been a great time to try it out.

What a fantastic time to tell him that Tom :D.

I think I'm good at HTML now. My past few sites have been hand coded from scratch, but I always seem to learn something new everytime I make a new site :D. Been implementing a few PHP features into my new site as well.

I'm also good with Fireworks and not bad with Photoshop, although I'm still learning Photoshop.

As for Flash...

*runs :D*
Mon 15/04/02 at 16:55
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
I was already pretty competant with Fireworks: picked it up, loaded it and within an hour was making stuff. I opened up Flash a few weeks ago, and couldn't just pick it up. But I splashed out £28 on this massive door-stop of a book anyway, just so I could learn it all.

As for the Easter Hols, thats when I was hoping to get most of my Fireworks book read - but it didn't arrive till the last day :(

And cheers for offering to help - I'll take you up on it as soon as a I finish Fireworks :)
Mon 15/04/02 at 16:51
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Erm well, it's taken me ages, i've been using it since about September/November last year, I think i'm good with it, still a alot to learn in Flash.
You could learn how to use it within a week, Easter Hols would have been a great time to try it out.
I'd recommnd getting Flash/Fireworks and just read loads and loads of tutorials about it, making loads of really rubbish and useless animations and images, then make a few movies...etc it does take time though, i'd be more than happy to share my small knowledge of the programs with you.
Mon 15/04/02 at 16:43
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
When I finish learning Fireworks, i was going to try flash.. how difficult is it Foggy?
Mon 15/04/02 at 16:36
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Well I'm good with HTML now, I do more design though,you can visit www.enterthefog.tk but it's down due to me wanting a new look, should be up at the end of this week though.
Mon 15/04/02 at 16:15
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
As I said in the other topic, I'm a pretty good reviewer (bah that my renegade review didn't win a GAD...:) ) bit a poor coder.

I only know basic HTML, but I'm *not bad* on Fireworks...still only on the 5th chapter of my 5inch thick book about it though :)

http://www.geocities.com/UK_PCGurus/ is my latest offering to the internet community... They'll hate me for it :)
Sun 14/04/02 at 22:20
Regular
I design and code HTML. Learning still, but i have a big book with all the answers and a couple of sites worth of experience.

latest eg (the content isn't done yet, but the design is about sorted. don't blame me for the color scheme!):

huw41.tripod.com/aber/index

we should have a page of links to contributors' individual sites, or maybe a page about each team member, including their links, maybe a photo?

no to frames, yes to style sheets (but not in linked documents) and no pictures of dustin hoffman

that's what i think

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.