GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hail the dreamcast!!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/04/02 at 18:39
Regular
Mon 15/04/02 at 20:27
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Vottanator wrote:

> I'm sure you would prefer to have 4 controller ports as standard
> though. Wouldn't you?

Yes. I didn't say I wouldn't. I just said it was possible.

:P
Mon 15/04/02 at 20:15
Regular
"Blinding Tagline"
big_slow wrote:
> If i trade in 3-4 of my PS2 games i can get a brand new dreamcast and
> 2 games from SR! And the dreamcast isnt that bad, especially with such
> low game prices like it has now.

of course it isnt that bad. it rules. original class games like crazy taxi, house of the dead 2, shenmue 1 and 2, virtual tennis, all games that could spank the ps2.
Mon 15/04/02 at 20:11
If i trade in 3-4 of my PS2 games i can get a brand new dreamcast and 2 games from SR! And the dreamcast isnt that bad, especially with such low game prices like it has now. Still, htis is the ps2 forum and i shall hail only to the ps2.
Mon 15/04/02 at 20:03
Regular
"omlette du fromage"
Mon 15/04/02 at 19:44
Regular
"Blinding Tagline"
Microchips wrote:
> Why was his post deleted?

because i stated the truth about how much better the dreamcast is than the ps2, but obviously the mods couldn't take it.
Mon 15/04/02 at 19:21
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Tóm wrote:
> Besides, if you think about it, the PS2 has more than two controller
> ports. What about the two USB ports? And a hub to make tens of
> controller ports.
>
> Ilink. We could have say, 16 controllers on each PS2 (2 USB ports = 8.
> Two mulitaps = 8), then have 6 PS2s. That would be 96 people without
> having to go on the internet. No one has programmed for it, and I
> doubt they ever will, as the screens would be too small! But it's
> possible.
>

I'm sure you would prefer to have 4 controller ports as standard though. Wouldn't you?

I mean, four is the minimum and maximum that you'd want. No more since the screens are too small, and no less as you can't play proper multiplayers.
Mon 15/04/02 at 19:03
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Why was his post deleted?
Mon 15/04/02 at 19:00
Regular
"Blinding Tagline"
MetalGear2King wrote:
> I hope you do realise this is probably the last post you will do!

Unlucky!!!
Sun 14/04/02 at 19:51
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Besides, if you think about it, the PS2 has more than two controller ports. What about the two USB ports? And a hub to make tens of controller ports.

Ilink. We could have say, 16 controllers on each PS2 (2 USB ports = 8. Two mulitaps = 8), then have 6 PS2s. That would be 96 people without having to go on the internet. No one has programmed for it, and I doubt they ever will, as the screens would be too small! But it's possible.

All we need is for someone to make a USB controller. Does it still sicken you?

I'm so, so sorry.
Sun 14/04/02 at 19:15
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Yes, the DC was good. Or should have been. Or it was, but I'm just going off gaming.

There were loads of quality games on it. Shenmue and the sequel, Virtua Tennis and the sequel, Phantasy Star Online and (presumably) the sequel, MSR, Soul Calibur, Powerstone and the sequel.

Then I come to PS2. MGS2, GTA3 and that's it. But somehow, PS2 seems better. I dunno how considering those are the only 2 games I see as REALLY as good, but it does seem better.

My DC is packed away in my cupboard with my N64. My PS2 is plugged in (as is my NES!!). Hopefully, GamCube will get me back into gaming.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.