GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo 2 coming soon on Xbox!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/04/02 at 11:28
Regular
I read yesterday in XGamer magazine that Halo 2 will be released later this year on Xbox, currently nothing much is known about the game bar its actual existence.

If you want to know more, or want proof of the above, just go out and buy the mag.
Mon 15/04/02 at 19:28
GlideM wrote:
> hmmmm, how can I help you missing Halo, hmmmmmmmm :`(
>
> Oh I know:
>
> We should wait 2 years and then maybe we will get a portable Xbox
> called something like:
>
> The Xbox1 he he
>
> Halo in your pocket, now theres an idea :)

Lol :) or what about a "Mini X" If only you could get x box hardware into a Gameboy Advance size console. Just imagine playing halo on the train or on the plane (that would keep you occupied on long flights!)
Mon 15/04/02 at 15:35
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
hmmmm, how can I help you missing Halo, hmmmmmmmm :`(

Oh I know:

We should wait 2 years and then maybe we will get a portable Xbox called something like:

The Xbox1 he he

Halo in your pocket, now theres an idea :)
Mon 15/04/02 at 13:35
Regular
"Play more sleep les"
Please help me - I'm in France for 2 weeks and can't play Halo. All I have are a few Xbox magazines and memories of the game. I know it's only 2 weeks but I wanna play Halo goddam! So yes, the game is totally addictive and life changing and the idea of Halo 2 is pant-wettingly exciting. What would have happened if Halo was never released? We would all be able to sleep at night and live healthy lives, that's what. Possibly. The thing is, we're never grateful, though. As soon as Halo 2 comes out, we'll be anticipating the 3rd. Whoever said Football was The Beautiful Game clearly haven't played Halo. Enjoy fellow gamers and for anyone who hasn't yet played it yet - are you mad?!! Sorry about my rantings, but I feel it necessary as my withdrawal symptoms become increasingly more life-threatening. My sanity will return in 2 weeks. Joy.
Sun 14/04/02 at 22:12
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah when I'm asleep at night, well 5am onwards, you can hear my breath doing this strange thing. When I breathe in I go "Ha" and when I breathe out I go "Lo". :-)
Sun 14/04/02 at 21:58
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
GlideM wrote:
> blimey, you had better have a rest after all of that mate :)
>
> Brain storming is obviously a strength of yours :)

Na he just plays games to much.
Sun 14/04/02 at 21:51
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
If only Bungie would hire me on brain storming alone. ::sobb:: ;-)
Sun 14/04/02 at 21:45
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
blimey, you had better have a rest after all of that mate :)

Brain storming is obviously a strength of yours :)
Sun 14/04/02 at 21:24
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Speaking of the Silent Cartographer level, it'd be great to have a longer beach run at the beginning when the dropships land you. :-)

Have the covenant well dug in further up while you and the marines fire at them from behind rocks, etc. :-) Very much like a world war 2 style beach landing. The covenant could even have a few gun turrets set up to fire at you. :-)

Also (sorry people, my brains on a role, hope I'm not boring you all with the ideas), maybe there could be extra incentives to keep marines alive. You could be given a squad of various troops (male and female) and issue them certain weapons. So say you have a squad of 6 marines, you could have 1 soldier with say a rocket launcher as their prime weapon, 2 snipers and 3 assault rifle troops. :-)
From here these would be your marines, maybe you could even name them to add that extra bit of feeling that they are your men. :-)
As you go through levels, you could earn points to get more troops (a limit being placed on the amount you can have at once).
Once you've completed the game, theres no reason to part company with your squad - they can come back for more with you on other difficulty settings (although not left really weak for the later levels).

Maybe they could also be part of a cool multiplayer. Upto say 4 players could link up into 2 sides but the twist is that they have their squads taking part alongside them. Of course any soldiers killed in the multiplayer wouldn't be permanently lost, depending on the game settings they could respawn like normal players.
When marines are killed in your campaigns in single player and Co-Op, maybe you could have a screen thats saved to your hard drive that lists all of them in the form of a stone plaque. :-)

Lastly (at least for now lol), Masterchief basically comes from a production line of cyborgs, maybe you could see other soldiers of his type in squads as you play through the game just like you see Covenant grunts and elites mixed together.

Phew - sorry everyone. ;-))
Sun 14/04/02 at 20:57
Yea in Co-op mode on silent cartographer level u can do races round the island is warthogs its really good fun
Sun 14/04/02 at 20:48
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah its nice to have a console which concentrates on our tastes in games for a change. :-)

Banshees in multiplayer mode would be good too, not to mention gun turrets to man in your base area. :-)
Ideally I'd love to see this combined with a 32 player multiplayer for the best results, that way you and your team mates along with the opposing team could really utilize the combination of vehicle and ground troop tactics - especially when you have 3 players in 1 jeep.

Another welcome addition would be a link up Co-Op allowing upto 4 players to work together. :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.