GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"xbox- the worst console out of the 3"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/04/02 at 11:15
Regular
Xbox : THE size of a huge VCR - the first thing that puts u off it. Only one good game at launch - HALO ( also coming on pc soon). YOu have to pay an extra £27 just for the dvd controller. The control pad is bigger than Dc's and is uncomfortable, with those four crap "jewel buttons"

and of course..the price-£299...wtf! gamecube is only £165, and with PS2 at £199, that makes best choice, with greats games such as MGS2, and GTA3

face it..xbox is only gonna be boughy by ppl with too much cash to burn, thinking that higher specs win..that is not the case!

ps2 has a great range of platinum titles already, and GC will be bought by lots of children. Microsoft also have no experience at all in making consoles.

Previously the N64 had higher specs than Playstation, but playstaion won in the end. With loads of PSone owners, they will upgrade to Xbox.
Mon 15/04/02 at 15:52
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Well i don't mind if I win or not !

As they say it's the taking part that counts !

The BIGMAN :)
Mon 15/04/02 at 15:51
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Hey BIGMAN, what did you think of my spoof? Yo uare losing the vote at the moment, but there are still about 10 votes left, so it can go either way. What I will do is, when I get the results, I will write the final in a seperate post.
Mon 15/04/02 at 15:45
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Ha Ha Ha, he got banned !
Mon 15/04/02 at 14:11
Regular
Kung-Fu Priest wrote:
> ===SONICRAV---wrote:
> You are clearly one of these scared Ninty boys who is afraid that
> MS,
> like Sony, will bite into Ninty's market share
>
> It's a Sony person actually..

u r really r stupid di*ks

ne way,

cant u understand that ps2 wil dominate the market, along with GC maybe

xbox is a waste of space

if u want to argue further, this topic is in microsoft forum, wher more ppl have replied

go there
Mon 15/04/02 at 13:35
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> You are clearly one of these scared Ninty boys who is afraid that MS,
> like Sony, will bite into Ninty's market share

It's a Sony person actually..
Mon 15/04/02 at 12:49
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
While I do not favour the XBOX,(i'm buyin GC) I think this is rather foolish-Xbox has some good games but it is doubtful it will maintain it's momentum, where as GC is from a LIKED company and has a good games line up for yonks to come.BOth consoles have good and bad features so do not take the mick out of the poor ole XBOX(even if it is a ugly pile of...)
They both have good and bad games, so you fearing Nintendo fans-STOP worrying, Ninendo always does reasonably well and where else could we get gorgeous games from the like of RARE et al?
Sun 14/04/02 at 22:30
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
What a childish, biased topic.

Although I could go on for days expaining your stupidity, I will shorten it to this:

True gamers care about GAMES. And the Xbox, GC and PS2 all have great games. Your lack to accept the Xbox's line up of good games shows one of 3 things:
1) You are stupid
2) You don't like the STYLE of games that the console sports
3) Both of the above

You are clearly one of these scared Ninty boys who is afraid that MS, like Sony, will bite into Ninty's market share. So you have to go around making stupid topics like this to try to convince yourself that this is not the case.

Idiot.
Sun 14/04/02 at 21:26
Only 1 good game at launch?

I hardly think so, the X-Box launch is stronger than the PS2's line-up was for the first 9 Months of it's life. Are you trying to say that Jet Set Radio Future, Project Gotham Racing, Tony Hawks 3 and many other titles are poor games?

I don't think Microsoft are trying to beat the PS2, the Ps2 has had a free run of the market for a year now, the thought of the X-Box over taking the PS2 is practially unthinkable. The X-Box will have suceeded if Microsoft of got a firm foot into the console market. Any newcomer is gonna find it hard to get themselves established in the console market these day, but Microsoft have the financial backing to make it work.

As for your comments about Gamecube being for kids i'm not even gonna bother replying to that.
Sun 14/04/02 at 21:18
gamecube is not a kids console let me point that out, its gonna have hardcore adult games , like mafia, resident evil, eternal darkness, metroid,vertua fighter rpg, phantasy star online and many many more and theses are the exclusive ones except 4 phantasy star online as its gonnna be released on xbox after a period of time, ps2 is a good console but its still got to make its own mascot, as sega have sonic, nintendo have mario-zelda-donkey kong anyway xbox to my knowledge should have boosted about how well the specs were as the n64 is roof that power is nothing without key title even though it had its fare share of good mature games.
Sun 14/04/02 at 21:02
Regular
"Link to the Future"
Console wars are cool cause you can argue lots. Which I kinda like, for some reason.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.