GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email server changes: outgoing server smtp-auth.freeola.net "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/08/18 at 17:14
"Are you sure?"
Hi all,
I had a client contact me today letting me know they were having problems with out-going emails on their iPhone. They've had Freeola email and Broadband for many years.

There was an Apple 'Mail' email issue mentioned on Twitter the other day (Aug 3rd) so I thought this had returned as it only affected Apple devices.

Sending mail they get something like:
"cannot verify server identity smtp-auth.freeola.net by Mail".

After raising a Support Ticket I've been told that this outgoing mail server is mostly redundant!
*I can't remember reading about that change* :¬P

smtp.freeolamail.net is the current address.

My own Android devices were all working fine on the old address - but I've updated them.
My client will need to change his phone - this hasn't been done yet so we haven't actually proved this is why the error has just started to happen.

So for you other long-term Freeola customers that either haven't had to change settings for years or do it from memory (the online docs are being corrected) you might want to check your settings!

I can remember when GADs were given for useful nuggets like this...
Hmmm...

Post edited by Hmmm... on 13/08/2018 at 17:22.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Mon 13/08/18 at 17:14
"Are you sure?"
Hi all,
I had a client contact me today letting me know they were having problems with out-going emails on their iPhone. They've had Freeola email and Broadband for many years.

There was an Apple 'Mail' email issue mentioned on Twitter the other day (Aug 3rd) so I thought this had returned as it only affected Apple devices.

Sending mail they get something like:
"cannot verify server identity smtp-auth.freeola.net by Mail".

After raising a Support Ticket I've been told that this outgoing mail server is mostly redundant!
*I can't remember reading about that change* :¬P

smtp.freeolamail.net is the current address.

My own Android devices were all working fine on the old address - but I've updated them.
My client will need to change his phone - this hasn't been done yet so we haven't actually proved this is why the error has just started to happen.

So for you other long-term Freeola customers that either haven't had to change settings for years or do it from memory (the online docs are being corrected) you might want to check your settings!

I can remember when GADs were given for useful nuggets like this...
Hmmm...

Post edited by Hmmm... on 13/08/2018 at 17:22.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.