GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The end of .eu domain names for UK residents? #BREXIT"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/03/18 at 11:52
"Are you sure?"
Changes just announced to .eu domain names are making the news today (I look at funny ‘news’!).

Notice to stakeholders: withdrawal of the United Kingdom and EU rules on .eu domain names.

As of the withdrawal date, undertakings and organisations that are established in the United Kingdom but not in the EU, and natural persons who reside in the United Kingdom will no longer be eligible to register .eu domain names or, if they are .eu registrants, to renew .eu domain names registered before the withdrawal date.

https://ec.europa.eu/info/publications/notice-stakeholders-withdrawal-united-kingdom-and-eu-rules-eu-domain-names_en

Hmmm...
Fri 07/12/18 at 18:11
"Are you sure?"
For others interested in .eu domains, Freeola have just issued this EU-Domains-and-Brexit

Hmmm...

Post edited by Hmmm... on 07/12/2018 at 18:12.
Fri 03/08/18 at 18:48
"Are you sure?"
Just to update...

Freeola's domain renewal system took my money to renew a couple of .EUs for 2 years - so I'm assuming that's all good for now.

Hmmm...
Wed 01/08/18 at 21:35
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
My advice would be that if you are using a .EU domain and it's up for renewal, renew it for 1 year and then consider moving to another domain suffix. Or you could so as some suggest and if you’re a small business or individual you can become an e-Resident of the Republic of Estonia*.

*This is just a theory, but the do say that anyone in the world can do this. Entirely at your own risk!
Tue 31/07/18 at 10:51
"Are you sure?"
Hi Eccles,
Do you know what the latest is on .eu domains?

I've had a couple come up for renewal - not sure if it's worth doing or not?

Thanks,
Hmmm...
Tue 10/04/18 at 11:05
"possibly impossible"
I'll end up moving to Spain at this rate.
Fri 30/03/18 at 22:01
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Thanks Hmmm... Read about this yesterday. Certainly 'interesting'. Still a glimmer of hope if this becomes part of negotiations.
Fri 30/03/18 at 11:52
"Are you sure?"
Changes just announced to .eu domain names are making the news today (I look at funny ‘news’!).

Notice to stakeholders: withdrawal of the United Kingdom and EU rules on .eu domain names.

As of the withdrawal date, undertakings and organisations that are established in the United Kingdom but not in the EU, and natural persons who reside in the United Kingdom will no longer be eligible to register .eu domain names or, if they are .eu registrants, to renew .eu domain names registered before the withdrawal date.

https://ec.europa.eu/info/publications/notice-stakeholders-withdrawal-united-kingdom-and-eu-rules-eu-domain-names_en

Hmmm...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.