GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SSL Certificates "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/12/17 at 13:34
Regular
I was reading the info sent out about SSL Certificates .
Our websites don't have any e commerce or login etc and are just purely info so I take it we don't need them.
Or is believed that it will adversely effect our seo regardless of if we need it or not if we dont have them ?

Mon 29/01/18 at 18:44
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
What Hmmm said ... I agree :¬)
Mon 29/01/18 at 15:35
"Are you sure?"
Hi Dograt,
Google is certainly pushing for sites to use HTTPS, so it could help things in Google's eyes!
I haven't moved to HTTPS yet, so I'm no expert.

Here are some HTTPS notes from Google.

See the list of 'issues'. It's fairly common for sites to show an 'expired certificate' - even the big boys seem to hit this - I'm not sure why it's so easy to be caught out?. So if you do update you need to monitor things. Lots of people also break the HTTPS by having non-secure items on their page which defeats the object.

The latest browsers are starting to warn visitors when a page "isn't secure" - take a look at your site(s) to check you aren't seeing warnings. If you are getting any warnings then you need to decide whether it's worth upgrading to HTTPS.

I guess the whole internet will be encrypted one day by default, keeping data secure end-to-end. But the idea of a 'padlock' meaning a website is safe has already passed as anyone can use HTTPS even on a site serving malware or phishing!

For me, I'm just keeping an eye on how things unfold until I see a need to update.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Fri 01/12/17 at 13:34
Regular
I was reading the info sent out about SSL Certificates .
Our websites don't have any e commerce or login etc and are just purely info so I take it we don't need them.
Or is believed that it will adversely effect our seo regardless of if we need it or not if we dont have them ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.