GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[GAME] Friday The 13th - The Game - PS4/XBox One/PC"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/06/17 at 22:16
Regular
"Braaains"
Friday the 13th: The Game wasn't always Friday the 13th: The Game. It actually started life as a similar game but had the license bolted on. Whether this made the game better or worse, I can't say, but the game still feels a lot like an Early Access title.

An asymetric multiplayer game - where you pitch one player against up to seven - it has you playing as either Jason Voorhees or one of his would be victims. The latter is a blast, though playing as his victims is less entertaining, particularly when actually getting people to co-operate is a pain. True, this last problem is not down to the game, but the game has problems of its own.

The game suffered from serious server problems for the first two weeks and now it's settled down it's possible to get a good game going. The designers have managed to give Jason a range of skills - there are several Jasons, though these have to be unlocked using experience. Jason doesn't feel totally overpowered, though he is going to get you eventually if you don't make good your escape.

The counsellor players have to resort to hiding in cupboards, trying to gather the required parts to get a car going and generally getting the hell out of dodge. Jason can sense where the other players are when they make noise, but the quieter you are, you're less likely to be found. When he does find you, there are some gruesomely entertaining kills to be had.

There are, however, two problems with the game that stop it being a must buy. Playing as Jason is a blast but only one out of eight players will be him at any one time so until - or indeed if - the singleplayer mode is added later, the other players aren't likely to be having a great deal of fun.

FInally, the game as a whole is really janky. The controls feel wonky and more often than not you're struggling to do basic tasks like open doors, search objects and you can even get stuck on fences. It does, as mentioned previously, seem like an early access title. But until it's had a lot more work done to it, and the singleplayer mode added, I can't recommend it.

Post edited by Hannard on 20/06/2017 at 18:49.
Mon 19/06/17 at 14:20
"possibly impossible"
Good review. I was tempted by this on an offer, glad I held off. Pretty sure it will go down in price quite soon by the sound of it.
Sun 18/06/17 at 22:16
Regular
"Braaains"
Friday the 13th: The Game wasn't always Friday the 13th: The Game. It actually started life as a similar game but had the license bolted on. Whether this made the game better or worse, I can't say, but the game still feels a lot like an Early Access title.

An asymetric multiplayer game - where you pitch one player against up to seven - it has you playing as either Jason Voorhees or one of his would be victims. The latter is a blast, though playing as his victims is less entertaining, particularly when actually getting people to co-operate is a pain. True, this last problem is not down to the game, but the game has problems of its own.

The game suffered from serious server problems for the first two weeks and now it's settled down it's possible to get a good game going. The designers have managed to give Jason a range of skills - there are several Jasons, though these have to be unlocked using experience. Jason doesn't feel totally overpowered, though he is going to get you eventually if you don't make good your escape.

The counsellor players have to resort to hiding in cupboards, trying to gather the required parts to get a car going and generally getting the hell out of dodge. Jason can sense where the other players are when they make noise, but the quieter you are, you're less likely to be found. When he does find you, there are some gruesomely entertaining kills to be had.

There are, however, two problems with the game that stop it being a must buy. Playing as Jason is a blast but only one out of eight players will be him at any one time so until - or indeed if - the singleplayer mode is added later, the other players aren't likely to be having a great deal of fun.

FInally, the game as a whole is really janky. The controls feel wonky and more often than not you're struggling to do basic tasks like open doors, search objects and you can even get stuck on fences. It does, as mentioned previously, seem like an early access title. But until it's had a lot more work done to it, and the singleplayer mode added, I can't recommend it.

Post edited by Hannard on 20/06/2017 at 18:49.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.