GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email: "New login to your Mailbox" "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/06/17 at 16:30
"Are you sure?"
I've just received numerous emails from Freeola with the subject : New login to your Mailbox.

Hello,
We are Freeola Limited and we are the internet service provider responsible for serving your email address. We detected a login at your [email protected] mailbox just a now at 16:15:50 BST on 12/06/2017.

You may be a Freeola Customer yourself, or your administrator may have established this mailbox for your use. Either way, it's important that we validate your name and set your communication preference. It will only take a few seconds and you will not need a password. Validate Now

If you would like more information or need further assistance, please call us on 0871 210 9977, or alternativly use our online support system. Please do not reply to this email as it was sent from an automated system.
Kind regards,
The Freeola Team

Hovering over the 'validate' URL takes visitors to a legit Freeola address.

This appears to be a new thing, it would have been great to have some notice before its launch as I can see this is (already) causing the people I look after to query things.

Any more information on this?
EDIT: Freeola have confirmed it is legit via Twitter.
Obviously check the link before clicking in case someone should go on to spoof the email!

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Post edited by Hmmm... on 12/06/2017 at 16:34.
Tue 13/06/17 at 08:47
"Are you sure?"
Hi Eccles,
If it does get turned back on there's some grammar and a typo to correct - phishing emails always have these :P

"...mailbox just a now at..."

"...or alternativly use our..."

I'm not sure which of my queries you answered there.
Hopefully if customers just have forwarding in place that will continue to work.
Also if no one clicks to validate for what ever reason the MyFreeola account holder will be notified with plenty of notice.

If the process is restarted please try mention it here or on Twitter if possible. It generated a number of queries for me so no doubt did for others.
Thanks,
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 12/06/17 at 17:52
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
The mail will just sit in the mailbox (not forwarded) and nothing will happen. We've turn off the "New Login..." emails for now anyway.
Mon 12/06/17 at 17:00
"Are you sure?"
Can you please say what will happen to accounts that only have 'forwarding' in place?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 12/06/17 at 16:49
"Are you sure?"
The wording of the email mentions 'validate' and this is shown as complete after following the link.

But then offers options which either subscribe or unsubscribe you from further communications.

It looks like this could be worded a bit better.

What will happen is no one follows the 'validate now' link?
As 1000s of these will have been sent there's a chance some will end up in spam.

Can people just click the link in the email and then close the window without picking/confirming an option as the page says "thank you for validating"?

Looks like I could get swamped with this - more people asking if this is phishing...!
Mon 12/06/17 at 16:30
"Are you sure?"
I've just received numerous emails from Freeola with the subject : New login to your Mailbox.

Hello,
We are Freeola Limited and we are the internet service provider responsible for serving your email address. We detected a login at your [email protected] mailbox just a now at 16:15:50 BST on 12/06/2017.

You may be a Freeola Customer yourself, or your administrator may have established this mailbox for your use. Either way, it's important that we validate your name and set your communication preference. It will only take a few seconds and you will not need a password. Validate Now

If you would like more information or need further assistance, please call us on 0871 210 9977, or alternativly use our online support system. Please do not reply to this email as it was sent from an automated system.
Kind regards,
The Freeola Team

Hovering over the 'validate' URL takes visitors to a legit Freeola address.

This appears to be a new thing, it would have been great to have some notice before its launch as I can see this is (already) causing the people I look after to query things.

Any more information on this?
EDIT: Freeola have confirmed it is legit via Twitter.
Obviously check the link before clicking in case someone should go on to spoof the email!

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Post edited by Hmmm... on 12/06/2017 at 16:34.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.