GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IMAP and Outlook (365) issues"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/10/16 at 18:24
Regular
Hi,

A couple of questions.

I use IMAP on Outlook 365 for my mail pro accounts but I filter them through GMail. Why do I get two copies of emails show in some Outlook boxes?

GMail doesn't appear to be filtering my mail. One account is full of spam and it gets let through to Outlook. How can I check the GMail filtering?

Thanks,

Neil
Thu 27/10/16 at 11:17
"Are you sure?"
Try logging directly into your Gmail account via Google's webpage to see if that shows you what you are expecting.

If it does then you know the issue is related to your Outlook setup.

I think in the past you mentioned finding you hadn't correctly configured an account - so it's worth going through everything step by step for each account.

I'm assuming you are forwarding all mail and not leaving a copy on the server.

If you are using IMAP on your Freeola accounts I'm not sure how this will effect things as it won't be being used in theory.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Post edited by Hmmm... on 27/10/2016 at 11:19.
Thu 27/10/16 at 11:07
Regular
Hi Hmmm...

I forward all my accounts to Gmail for filtering.

N.
Thu 27/10/16 at 10:41
"Are you sure?"
After a few hiccups I seem to remember you had things running in the past? Have you changed your set up since?

Can you describe how you are currently doing your 'filtering'?

For me, I find you either have to forward all mail to a Gmail account or use Google's 'mail fetcher'. If you are retrieving mail directly from a non-Gmail account then you will see spam and duplicates.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 26/10/16 at 18:24
Regular
Hi,

A couple of questions.

I use IMAP on Outlook 365 for my mail pro accounts but I filter them through GMail. Why do I get two copies of emails show in some Outlook boxes?

GMail doesn't appear to be filtering my mail. One account is full of spam and it gets let through to Outlook. How can I check the GMail filtering?

Thanks,

Neil

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.