GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shop variations"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/09/16 at 16:23
Regular
am I missing something ....i want to add size and price variations but am struggling, it seems to only want one price per item, I need to do the same product different sizes (which is fine I have done that) and then different prices ( this is where I am struggling )
Can anyone point me in the right direction I am sure im just having a blonde moment
Sun 04/02/18 at 04:54
Regular

Hmmm... wrote:
Thanks for the update Hoddie.

A shop I've looked at in the past and is simple to get up and running is ECWID.
This will work fine on a site hosted with Freeola (no SQL required as they do the heavy lifting).

Not without it's problems (like all of them!) but might be worth a play - free for a basic 10 item shop (was a 100 items when I signed up).
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Thanks hmmm, I’ll take a look although I’m sure simply just changing the current shop will reduce the items in our shop by half simply because you don’t have to add variations of the same item as a separate product. (If that makes sense)
Thanks for helping me out! Much appreciated.
Sat 03/02/18 at 15:52
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for the update Hoddie.

A shop I've looked at in the past and is simple to get up and running is ECWID.
This will work fine on a site hosted with Freeola (no SQL required as they do the heavy lifting).

Not without it's problems (like all of them!) but might be worth a play - free for a basic 10 item shop (was a 100 items when I signed up).
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 03/02/18 at 04:50
Regular

Eccles wrote:
VIP hosting with MySQL would fulfill those requirements. We have lots of customers using various eCommerce packages.

Yes, I found the information eventually after a long search on here. I guess I’ll be changing my package shortly to include MySQL soon!
Thanks for the confirmation!
Sat 03/02/18 at 04:45
Regular

Hmmm... wrote:
Hi and welcome to the forum!
Looking at your list of requirements it looks ok to me as Freeola provide those (not the MS option).

eCommerce is still pretty tricky to get right.
I find it's not only the 'shop' which is difficult but the payment processing side and PCI compliance that makes me give up!
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT: What 'shop' s/w are you looking at?

Post edited by Hmmm... on 01/02/2018 at 13:23.

Hi Hmmm, thanks for the reply. I was looking at both prestashop and Magento. Both seem quite easy to set up which is ideal for me as I’m a bit of a newbie in this area. The freeola website building tool has been great, it’s a shame there aren’t more functions though. I’m not particularly concerned with pci options as PayPal seems to do the trick.

Post edited by Hoddie on 03/02/2018 at 06:27.
Thu 01/02/18 at 19:03
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."

Hoddie wrote:
A domain name (or a subdomain/subfolder)
Recommanded web server: Apache 2.x or Nginx
Works also with Apache 1.3 or Microsoft IIS
PHP 5.4+
MySQL 5.0+ installed with a database created
FTP access (ask your hosting service for your credentials)

VIP hosting with MySQL would fulfill those requirements. We have lots of customers using various eCommerce packages.
Thu 01/02/18 at 13:22
"Are you sure?"

Hoddie wrote:
I know this post/reply is ancient but I’ve been having exactly the same issue. I’ve also noticed that sub-sub categories in the navigation is lacking. I wish to use another e-commerce solution, something that offers more functionality. How do I start over, so to speak? And how do I know if my chosen ecommerce platform can be used because trying to find the following info through here is near-impossible. Can you confirm if freeola has the following, thanks.

PHP 5.4+

Hi and welcome to the forum!
Looking at your list of requirements it looks ok to me as Freeola provide those (not the MS option).

eCommerce is still pretty tricky to get right.
I find it's not only the 'shop' which is difficult but the payment processing side and PCI compliance that makes me give up!
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT: What 'shop' s/w are you looking at?

Post edited by Hmmm... on 01/02/2018 at 13:23.
Thu 01/02/18 at 05:08
Regular

Millsio wrote:
Butters wrote:
am I missing something ....i want to add size and price variations but am struggling, it seems to only want one price per item, I need to do the same product different sizes (which is fine I have done that) and then different prices ( this is where I am struggling )
Can anyone point me in the right direction I am sure im just having a blonde moment

Based on your description of the problem above I assume you are referring to our InstantPro website builder. Don't worry, you are not having a blonde moment and you have not missed anything...

The InstantPro Shop was designed to be a very simple shop builder. Unfortunately it does not cater exactly for your needs in this scenario. One possible solution would be to add each size as a different product rather than using variations.

A more drastic solution may be to use our VIP Web Hosting with One Click Installers service instead to install a more advanced e-commerce solution. If you need further assistance please call our friendly support team on 0871 210 9977.

I know this post/reply is ancient but I’ve been having exactly the same issue. I’ve also noticed that sub-sub categories in the navigation is lacking. I wish to use another e-commerce solution, something that offers more functionality. How do I start over, so to speak? And how do I know if my chosen ecommerce platform can be used because trying to find the following info through here is near-impossible. Can you confirm if freeola has the following, thanks.

PHP 5.4+
Fri 09/09/16 at 13:44
Regular
Ok, thank you will look into that
Fri 09/09/16 at 12:00
Regular
"Hired Goon"
Butters wrote:

Based on your description of the problem above I assume you are referring to our InstantPro website builder. Don't worry, you are not having a blonde moment and you have not missed anything...

The InstantPro Shop was designed to be a very simple shop builder. Unfortunately it does not cater exactly for your needs in this scenario. One possible solution would be to add each size as a different product rather than using variations.

A more drastic solution may be to use our VIP Web Hosting with One Click Installers service instead to install a more advanced e-commerce solution. If you need further assistance please call our friendly support team on 0871 210 9977.
Thu 08/09/16 at 16:23
Regular

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.