GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Blade runner. Wowwwww!"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/04/02 at 21:45
Regular
i recently got a free copy of blade runner for pc. I didnt expect much seeing as it was free but i decided to give it a go. i put the cd and loaded up the game.

i have now finished the game and i could not leave the computer screen! It was amazing! the depth of the puzzles and cases were fantstic. i loved every minute of the game as there was so many places to investigate and so much stuff to do! the crime scenes and graphically stunning downtown hot spots were so realistic! the gameplay was fantastic and the puzzels were mind boggling!

i had never come across a point and click game before but now I have done so Im deperate to try and find another crime type agem taht has the same indepth gameplay and jaw dropping atmosphere as blade runner!

please somebody give me some tips on the best crime adventure game around!
Sat 13/04/02 at 21:45
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
i recently got a free copy of blade runner for pc. I didnt expect much seeing as it was free but i decided to give it a go. i put the cd and loaded up the game.

i have now finished the game and i could not leave the computer screen! It was amazing! the depth of the puzzles and cases were fantstic. i loved every minute of the game as there was so many places to investigate and so much stuff to do! the crime scenes and graphically stunning downtown hot spots were so realistic! the gameplay was fantastic and the puzzels were mind boggling!

i had never come across a point and click game before but now I have done so Im deperate to try and find another crime type agem taht has the same indepth gameplay and jaw dropping atmosphere as blade runner!

please somebody give me some tips on the best crime adventure game around!
Sat 20/07/02 at 12:52
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I think the game is awesome, one of the best movie to game conversions around. This is mainly thanks to the fact westwood haven't decided to make a straight cash-in, instead opting to make a real game out of the theme of the film.
Sat 20/07/02 at 16:34
Regular
Yes I'm a big fan of those games, so a few reccomendations:

Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - PC/GBA
Broken Sword 2 - PC
Final Fantasy X - PS2 (Not 'point and click' but the puzzles are good)

And some not so good ones, but still a good puzzle:

The X-Files Game
Simon The Sorcerer
Sun 21/07/02 at 12:16
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
The old Virgin BladeRunner game huh...

Given how popular it was, and how well recieved on original release, I was always a little surprised they didnt make a sequal?
Sun 21/07/02 at 12:18
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I understand the longest journey is a top point'n'click title?

(I picked it up about a year ago, and have yet to install it, though reviews I've read are very encouraging)
Sun 21/07/02 at 16:05
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I played the demo of the longest journey months ago, and it was pretty good. I've gone off point and click adventures now, so I probably won't be buying it myself, still the review I've read have been praising the game quite a bit.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.