GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TP-Link forgets to renew tplinklogin.net !"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/07/16 at 17:38
"Are you sure?"
Heads-up if you are a TP-Link user...

It appears TP-Link have forgotten to renew the domain tplinklogin.net !

This URL is printed on the back of a number of TP-Link devices and in TP-Link's documentation - I've just checked my Freeola supplied one and it's printed on the back of the device to show you how to access the settings etc.

The domain name has been put up for sale by a third-party, but (as always) be careful if visiting in case it goes on to serve malware!

To stay safe, if you need to access your TP-Link router visit 192.168.1.1 (or sometimes 192.168.0.1) - just type those numbers into your browser address bar.

On my setup it looks as if visiting the tplinklogin address still manages to take you to the router, visitors not using a TP-Link device will go on to see the domain name is up for sale.

Looking around it seems TP-Link have also lost control of tplinkextender.net...

On a similar note in case you missed it, see my wwwjohnlewis.co.uk domain name scam post!

#StaySafe
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 08/07/16 at 10:56
"Are you sure?"
This URL has been mentioned on numerous tech and social media sites in the last week or so.

But searching for tplinklogin for sale shows this isn't the first time this has happened - I can see similar references in 2014 and 2015.

I'm sure TP-Link know what they are doing!

If they had used Freeola/GetDotted they would have had timely reminders and a easy to use Control Panel that lets you view upcoming renewals ;¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 07/07/16 at 18:54
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
It looks like they are in the grace period so are still renewable by TP-Link, the registrar's often revert the DNS back to point to holding pages to raise revenue via ads after a domain expires.
Thu 07/07/16 at 17:38
"Are you sure?"
Heads-up if you are a TP-Link user...

It appears TP-Link have forgotten to renew the domain tplinklogin.net !

This URL is printed on the back of a number of TP-Link devices and in TP-Link's documentation - I've just checked my Freeola supplied one and it's printed on the back of the device to show you how to access the settings etc.

The domain name has been put up for sale by a third-party, but (as always) be careful if visiting in case it goes on to serve malware!

To stay safe, if you need to access your TP-Link router visit 192.168.1.1 (or sometimes 192.168.0.1) - just type those numbers into your browser address bar.

On my setup it looks as if visiting the tplinklogin address still manages to take you to the router, visitors not using a TP-Link device will go on to see the domain name is up for sale.

Looking around it seems TP-Link have also lost control of tplinkextender.net...

On a similar note in case you missed it, see my wwwjohnlewis.co.uk domain name scam post!

#StaySafe
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.