GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EMail Pro"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/06/16 at 19:52
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Am I correct in assuming that once I receive an email, that email no longer exists on Freeola servers?

Mrs DL has an email address ... that email address is also in my email client as my machine is on nearly 24/7. She fires up her laptop periodically, so I filter her emails and forward her the important ones. However, recently she tells me that she's already had the same email/s earlier than the forwarded ones I sent her?

On checking through Webmail earlier, there are loads of emails that have been received locally yet they still exist on Webmail?

Is this how things work now?
Wed 29/06/16 at 22:28
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Eccles wrote:
You have 2 protocol options with EmailPro, POP3 and IMAP.
POP3 is also used on the free email service.

With POP3 emails are normally downloaded and removed from the server, although most clients have an option to leave the messages on the server for X days. Messages are not synchronised across devices.

With IMAP all devices synchronise themselves with the account on the server, so if you move or delete aessage in one client on an account and then check the same account on another device using IMAP then you will see the same change there.

Seem to me like you have your accounts setup as POP3 and are leaving messages on the server.

Thanks Eccles ...

This didn't happen a few months ago ... but seems to have 'happened' recently and yet no changes have been made? As the accounts use POP3, as they always have done, do I check Thunderbird for a solution or is there something wrong with POP3 settings?

EDIT:

Found the settings within Thunderbird ... sorted. Thanks for the 'hint' :¬)
Wed 29/06/16 at 21:05
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
You have 2 protocol options with EmailPro, POP3 and IMAP.
POP3 is also used on the free email service.

With POP3 emails are normally downloaded and removed from the server, although most clients have an option to leave the messages on the server for X days. Messages are not synchronised across devices.

With IMAP all devices synchronise themselves with the account on the server, so if you move or delete aessage in one client on an account and then check the same account on another device using IMAP then you will see the same change there.

Seem to me like you have your accounts setup as POP3 and are leaving messages on the server.
Wed 29/06/16 at 19:52
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Am I correct in assuming that once I receive an email, that email no longer exists on Freeola servers?

Mrs DL has an email address ... that email address is also in my email client as my machine is on nearly 24/7. She fires up her laptop periodically, so I filter her emails and forward her the important ones. However, recently she tells me that she's already had the same email/s earlier than the forwarded ones I sent her?

On checking through Webmail earlier, there are loads of emails that have been received locally yet they still exist on Webmail?

Is this how things work now?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.