GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dennis Bergkamp - the most skillfull player in the Premiership"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/04/02 at 16:59
Regular
This discussion concentrates on how much I admire Dennis Bergkamp.

Before I start, I'd just like to say one thing, 'If you're not a keen admirer of the Dutchman's skill and brilliance, don't read this post!' On the other hand however, if you are either an Arsenal supporter or Bergkamp fan, please do take time to read this post.

Right, now back to my main point.

Let's face it, the man is a genius, and, although age is starting to take it's toll on the flying Dutchman, he still continues to amaze us and continually baffle opponents in the Premiership and beyond with his magnificent skill and top-class finishing.

He began his career at Ajax, when he was signed at the age of just 12 years old for the brilliant Youth Acadamy there. At the age of 17 years old he made his full debut for the club and scored the winner in the match. His career flourished from then on. Next, he was signed by Inter Milan for around £9 million from Ajax, but found the beautiful game in Italy very different to the Dutch game. ‘You thought about football from 9 until 5 everyday’ ‘It’s not just a game, it’s a life out there’ as he puts it. He played in 53 matches for Inter, scoring only 15 goals, and, as a result of this was transfer listed by the club. It was then, in 1995, he made the move from Inter to Arsenal for £7.5 million, signed by the newly appointed Arsenal manager Bruce Rioch who was a keen admirer of the flying Dutchman.
His career from then on has been a huge success at Arsenal, and still is now.

Every Arsenal fan who is reading this post must have seen the match against Newcastle in the FA Cup Quarter Final second leg a couple of weeks ago. That was Bergkamp at his best. He showed us his vast range of skills, and his strength whilst taking on Newcastle almost as it seemed at times, single-handedly. The ball that day seemed to stick to his feet and do everything he wanted it to do, and I lost count of the number of times that he used his skill to slip past a defender and get a shot in on goal. He was amazing to watch. That day he was unlucky not to get a hat-trick, after clipping the bar twice with a couple of those 'Bergkamp specials' only he is capable of producing.

And, for all you Arsenal fans out there, do you remember when he scored the fourth goal for Arsenal against Bayer Leverkusen in the penultimate match for Arsenal in their group when Arsenal won the match 4-1? The one where he chipped the keeper whilst on the turn? Only Bergkamp would have the skill and ambition to do that. I knew, from the moment it left his boot we were going to see one of those Bergkamp trademark goals, and he did not disappoint.

It’s not only in English football where he is at his best. He has the record for scoring the most goals in a Dutch jersey. The most memorable moment for me has to be when he scored that amazing goal for Holland against Argentina in the 1998 World Cup when he brought the ball down over his shoulder with an outstretched leg, then smashed it in the top right hand corner. This showed the World that he definitely deserves his place in the ‘World Class’ category of footballers.

With the Premiership reaching it’s climax next month I feel that Dennis Bergkamp will be the key to Arsenal’s first Premiership win for 4 years. If he stays in the form he is currently in, then I feel there is no stopping a Bergkamp-inspired Arsenal from winning the league. I hope we see Bergkamp at his best in the following weeks, scoring such brilliant goals that we have to feel pity for the goalkeeper! He is the type of player who can change the course of the match with a bit of his brilliant skill and clinical finishing, and I hope that he feels fit enough to play for Arsenal next season.

Forget Beckham (he’s all we seem to hear about these days), I would pick Bergkamp rather than Beckham to be in my team if I ever had the choice, and, that‘s not just because I am a Gunner. At least Bergkamp can tackle, kick with his left foot and is not scared of heading the ball just in case it messes up his hair. I feel he is as good a crosser of the ball as Beckham is aswell.

Buying Bergkamp in the 1995 season was, without a doubt, the best buy the Arsenal Board has ever made. He has brought a new sense of skill and ambition to the English game, and I personally cannot thank him enough! He is quite truly an amazing player to watch on the pitch and a great example for those wanting to become something big like he
is.

Thankyou Dennis Bergkamp!

Thanks for reading. :)
Sat 13/04/02 at 16:59
This discussion concentrates on how much I admire Dennis Bergkamp.

Before I start, I'd just like to say one thing, 'If you're not a keen admirer of the Dutchman's skill and brilliance, don't read this post!' On the other hand however, if you are either an Arsenal supporter or Bergkamp fan, please do take time to read this post.

Right, now back to my main point.

Let's face it, the man is a genius, and, although age is starting to take it's toll on the flying Dutchman, he still continues to amaze us and continually baffle opponents in the Premiership and beyond with his magnificent skill and top-class finishing.

He began his career at Ajax, when he was signed at the age of just 12 years old for the brilliant Youth Acadamy there. At the age of 17 years old he made his full debut for the club and scored the winner in the match. His career flourished from then on. Next, he was signed by Inter Milan for around £9 million from Ajax, but found the beautiful game in Italy very different to the Dutch game. ‘You thought about football from 9 until 5 everyday’ ‘It’s not just a game, it’s a life out there’ as he puts it. He played in 53 matches for Inter, scoring only 15 goals, and, as a result of this was transfer listed by the club. It was then, in 1995, he made the move from Inter to Arsenal for £7.5 million, signed by the newly appointed Arsenal manager Bruce Rioch who was a keen admirer of the flying Dutchman.
His career from then on has been a huge success at Arsenal, and still is now.

Every Arsenal fan who is reading this post must have seen the match against Newcastle in the FA Cup Quarter Final second leg a couple of weeks ago. That was Bergkamp at his best. He showed us his vast range of skills, and his strength whilst taking on Newcastle almost as it seemed at times, single-handedly. The ball that day seemed to stick to his feet and do everything he wanted it to do, and I lost count of the number of times that he used his skill to slip past a defender and get a shot in on goal. He was amazing to watch. That day he was unlucky not to get a hat-trick, after clipping the bar twice with a couple of those 'Bergkamp specials' only he is capable of producing.

And, for all you Arsenal fans out there, do you remember when he scored the fourth goal for Arsenal against Bayer Leverkusen in the penultimate match for Arsenal in their group when Arsenal won the match 4-1? The one where he chipped the keeper whilst on the turn? Only Bergkamp would have the skill and ambition to do that. I knew, from the moment it left his boot we were going to see one of those Bergkamp trademark goals, and he did not disappoint.

It’s not only in English football where he is at his best. He has the record for scoring the most goals in a Dutch jersey. The most memorable moment for me has to be when he scored that amazing goal for Holland against Argentina in the 1998 World Cup when he brought the ball down over his shoulder with an outstretched leg, then smashed it in the top right hand corner. This showed the World that he definitely deserves his place in the ‘World Class’ category of footballers.

With the Premiership reaching it’s climax next month I feel that Dennis Bergkamp will be the key to Arsenal’s first Premiership win for 4 years. If he stays in the form he is currently in, then I feel there is no stopping a Bergkamp-inspired Arsenal from winning the league. I hope we see Bergkamp at his best in the following weeks, scoring such brilliant goals that we have to feel pity for the goalkeeper! He is the type of player who can change the course of the match with a bit of his brilliant skill and clinical finishing, and I hope that he feels fit enough to play for Arsenal next season.

Forget Beckham (he’s all we seem to hear about these days), I would pick Bergkamp rather than Beckham to be in my team if I ever had the choice, and, that‘s not just because I am a Gunner. At least Bergkamp can tackle, kick with his left foot and is not scared of heading the ball just in case it messes up his hair. I feel he is as good a crosser of the ball as Beckham is aswell.

Buying Bergkamp in the 1995 season was, without a doubt, the best buy the Arsenal Board has ever made. He has brought a new sense of skill and ambition to the English game, and I personally cannot thank him enough! He is quite truly an amazing player to watch on the pitch and a great example for those wanting to become something big like he
is.

Thankyou Dennis Bergkamp!

Thanks for reading. :)
Thu 18/04/02 at 20:37
Good post monkey!

:D

I agree that Bergkamp is a great player and i think he is definately one of the best players in europe.
Thu 18/04/02 at 20:49
Dennis Bergkamp is a wonderful player and you can tell that terry Venables likes because have you seen how excited he gets when he is talking about him.
Thu 18/04/02 at 22:39
"High polygon count"
Dennis Bergkamp is a God. Worship the turf he plays on!
Sat 20/04/02 at 09:52
"Right!!!!!™"
Lodge wrote:
> Good post monkey!
>
> :D
>
> I agree that Bergkamp is a great player and i think he is definately
> one of the best players in europe.

Yeah it is a good post he is out off my top 5 off the best in the league i think he come 4th.
Sat 20/04/02 at 10:03
Regular
"simpsons rule"
good post monkey

he is one of the most skillfull players if it was out of 10 he wolud defently get 10 out 0f 10 in my book

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.