GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Allo Mr Gullible ... "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/05/16 at 19:51
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
We all have 'nuisance calls' and we've had shed loads over the years. We had a new one today from 'Precise Telecom' informing me of a reduction in my BT Openreach connection ... yeh right!

(Precise Telecom Ltd
Van Gogh House, -160 Twickenham Rd, Isleworth)

The caller didn't reply immediately on pick up (dead give away) and then had a very dodgy understanding of the English language ...

I'm sorry to say that anybody calling our landline, which has been ex-directory since Noah built his boat, will be subject to suspicion especially if the're 'Asian sounding'!

So how do you deal with these calls? A few examples ...

Windows Technical Department ...

Them: Calling about your Windows Install.
Me: Really, my wife is really happy with the windows, infact she's outside cleaning them now. The sills are gleaming!

Life Style Survey ...

Them: I'm I speaking to Mr ***** *****
Me: No, I'm the gardener
Them: Are you the owner of the home ...
Me: No
Them: Are you related?

Unknown survey ...

Them: Am I speaking to ****** *****
Me: No, you're speaking to Mary *****
Them: (Slight giggle) Mary is a woman's name!
Me: Yes, but my father had a sense of humour!

I know that BT will be increasing their charges in July, but to 'offset' that shock they will be introducing freeeeee Nuisance Call filters! The plot thickens ...

Can you add to the list?
Wed 18/05/16 at 18:13
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
chasfh wrote:

Mind you, I have over the years perfected the "don't you dare bother me" stare, so most sales types will simply walk the other way

This I have also perfected along with 'I don't look like the person who is going to listen to your 'c**p' '
Wed 18/05/16 at 14:01
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
DL wrote:
Now that's a cracker chas ... love it :¬)

Gotta have fun with 'em sometimes.

To be honest I get more annoyed by people pestering me in the streets, which seems to be more and more popular amongst the "salesman set". At least with a phonecall you can always just hang up.

Mind you, I have over the years perfected the "don't you dare bother me" stare, so most sales types will simply walk the other way
Wed 18/05/16 at 13:51
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Now that's a cracker chas ... love it :¬)
Wed 18/05/16 at 13:28
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
After multiple calls from a double glazing company who were "in your area at the moment", I gave in and booked for a salesman to come round and quote...

He wasn't happy when, after two hours of measuring, estimating and "giving you the best deal possible", I said thanks, but it's a council house...

You waste my time, I waste yours. Didn't get any further calls from that particular company.
Thu 12/05/16 at 19:51
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
We all have 'nuisance calls' and we've had shed loads over the years. We had a new one today from 'Precise Telecom' informing me of a reduction in my BT Openreach connection ... yeh right!

(Precise Telecom Ltd
Van Gogh House, -160 Twickenham Rd, Isleworth)

The caller didn't reply immediately on pick up (dead give away) and then had a very dodgy understanding of the English language ...

I'm sorry to say that anybody calling our landline, which has been ex-directory since Noah built his boat, will be subject to suspicion especially if the're 'Asian sounding'!

So how do you deal with these calls? A few examples ...

Windows Technical Department ...

Them: Calling about your Windows Install.
Me: Really, my wife is really happy with the windows, infact she's outside cleaning them now. The sills are gleaming!

Life Style Survey ...

Them: I'm I speaking to Mr ***** *****
Me: No, I'm the gardener
Them: Are you the owner of the home ...
Them: Are you related?

Unknown survey ...

Them: Am I speaking to ****** *****
Me: No, you're speaking to Mary *****
Them: (Slight giggle) Mary is a woman's name!
Me: Yes, but my father had a sense of humour!

I know that BT will be increasing their charges in July, but to 'offset' that shock they will be introducing freeeeee Nuisance Call filters! The plot thickens ...

Can you add to the list?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.