GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MyFreeola - new password security check"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/04/16 at 14:01
"Are you sure?"
When logging into the newly updated MyFreeola I see a warning notification about my password strength:

Important Information
Your password, used to log in to My Freeola, our online ordering system and our interactive services such as cheats and walkthroughs, is a little on the weak side.
Please update it to something more secure.

Following the link to change the password the "New Password" field is already completed ('blobed' out). I think that should be blank?

If I start to change my password by using the current one which is a mix of letters, numerals and special characters the page shows this as a "STRONG" password.

I'm wondering why the system thinks it's strong here but also suggests it needs strengthening?

Interestingly on another Freeola account which is shorter and only uses letters (no numbers or special characters) I don't see the warning?!

Rather than raise a Support Ticket I thought I would try a forum post :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 19/09/16 at 14:29
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thanks Eccles. It was the email verification alert, which has now disappeared since you posted.
Mon 19/09/16 at 10:26
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Thanks DL.

It's not clear exactly what is confusing you. As far as I can tell from your message you:

1. Logged into your account.
2. Saw the alert on the dashboard telling you that your current password is a little weak and advising you to update it.
2. Went through the password change process, this cleared the alert on the MyFreeola dashboard.
You then said " I'm still getting 'Alert Notifications' in MyFreeola regarding email verification ", what do you mean by this? email verification is nothing to do with your account password.
I'm assuming after changing your password you want to the contact details page in your MyFeeola account and saw that your login email address was showing as 'unverified', so went through the process of verifying it? I can see no 'alerts' showing in your account.
Thu 15/09/16 at 22:04
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Eccles wrote:
Hmmm... wrote:
[i]
Is this for real this time? :¬)

Yep, time to change your password from '123456' Hmmm... :)
Also a few other changes tucked away, such as 2 factor authentication (opt-in), e-mail forwarding verification and a support PIN.[/i]

Changed my password as requested by Freeola yesterday and had a confirmation email. I'm still getting 'Alert Notifications' in MyFreeola regarding email verification ... reponded, yet again, this afternoon and was promised a verification email again! No email verification has arrived ... yet it seems I'm still good to go, hey ho!
Mon 12/09/16 at 22:00
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Hmmm... wrote:

Yep, time to change your password from '123456' Hmmm... :)
Also a few other changes tucked away, such as 2 factor authentication (opt-in), e-mail forwarding verification and a support PIN.
Mon 12/09/16 at 21:55
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
Hmmm... wrote:
[i]When logging into the newly updated MyFreeola I see a warning notification about my password strength...

[/i]

I did mention this here recently! OK, wrong thread but even so ...
Mon 12/09/16 at 20:33
"Are you sure?"
Hmmm... wrote:
When logging into the newly updated MyFreeola I see a warning notification about my password strength...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 27/04/16 at 12:24
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thanks @ Hmmm
Tue 26/04/16 at 23:29
"Are you sure?"
You'll be fine DL, it was just a message suggesting a change not forcing anything.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 26/04/16 at 19:31
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Eccles wrote:
Hi,

Sorry about that! You can ignore it for now, it looks like a small update went live when it shouldn't have done.
The bit to update your password is the old/current page and doesn't have autocomplete turned off on the password fields so the browser may pre-fill it.

So if I now log out ... will I be able to log in using my original login details or requested to produce a new login?
Tue 26/04/16 at 17:34
"Are you sure?"
Thanks @Eccles.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.