GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"uploading a website"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/04/16 at 15:18
Regular
i am brand new to this. i have purchased my domain name but i have no clue what it means by uploading a website? i am a presenter for a company and have an office on their site how does this work. please help
Mon 25/04/16 at 22:14
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
rebn wrote:
ok thank you. I am so green with this stuff I am learning as I go

As chas has said, there are thousands of sites to help you to build a website, mine here will help you to learn how to build a basic website ... after that the choice of development is yours ... :¬)
Mon 25/04/16 at 21:01
Regular
ok thank you. I am so green with this stuff I am learning as I go
Mon 25/04/16 at 17:13
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
That's a rather wide question to be honest.

A domain name is simply that, a name and nothing else. If you want to use it for a web site, you need to;
a) purchase some web space
b) upload your web site files to that web space.

Purchasing web space is the easy bit (VIP Hosting at a cost of £3.49 per month ex VAT, for example).

Writing the code for your web site, well...

That requires you to understand how the code works, how it needs to be formatted, etc. Most commonly used are html and php, but many web sites also use jquery or javascript to add functionality and all the "special bits".

If you want to learn how to code for web sites, you could do worse than looking at www.w3schools.com.

If, on the other hand, you just want a quick and easy way of making a web site without learning all the technical stuff, take a look at InstantPro...
Mon 25/04/16 at 15:18
Regular
i am brand new to this. i have purchased my domain name but i have no clue what it means by uploading a website? i am a presenter for a company and have an office on their site how does this work. please help

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.