GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FMV-Good or Bad?? This is the topic that ir replacing the over 100 one."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/10/00 at 19:33
Regular
I'm getting sick of scrolling down 9 pages of messages. The last message was- "I claim message 101 then- by elitesnape-beta" Pretty pointless putting that their, actually. Oh well.
Sun 15/10/00 at 11:03
Regular
You could have a topic dedicated to people claiming whichever number message it was.

That aside, FMV's all well and good, very nice, so long as it doesn't hold back the gameplay. Let's think about our priorities here, it's good to look at, but if I wanted 'good to look at' over 'good to play', I'd rent a movie.

That's not to say there's nothing wrong with having both in a game...
Sat 14/10/00 at 21:50
Regular
I think it will stop once everyone gets a number.
Sat 14/10/00 at 21:46
Regular
"I like cheese"
Hey, I'm getting p issed off at people writing stupid messages like, I got message 106, yay!!! I keep scrolling down there, to find that!! Please, use this one!!
Sat 14/10/00 at 21:30
Regular
Woohoo! NUMBER 3!!!!

**Cough**

Half-life, and Deus Ex, however, do not use any cutscenes, and all action is controlled by player, which makes it more exciting.

Final Fantasy 8 has bad frame rate for FMV. Perfect Dark's FMA is pathetic, with every word being said without any oral movement by Jo, and her arms waving in the air, to "simulate" speaking.

What else? (I think FMA, and FMV for that matter, is like being paralysed, without being able to move anything. Its quite scary.)

Yeah. Or a bit like walking when your not meaning too, or staring at people because your brain wants Grix to get punched.
(You are NEVER going to forgive me for that are you.)
No.
Sat 14/10/00 at 20:38
Regular
And the message before that was me claiming 100.
Lets restart the subjct then:

Grix hates FMV, there is also FMA (uses the game engine for cutscenes like in Perfect Dark).

FMV apparently also has a poor frame rate.

I don't mind FMV as long as it has good gameplay with it.
Sat 14/10/00 at 19:33
Regular
"I like cheese"
I'm getting sick of scrolling down 9 pages of messages. The last message was- "I claim message 101 then- by elitesnape-beta" Pretty pointless putting that their, actually. Oh well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.