GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The way he wanted it to be...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/04/02 at 01:10
Regular
As you all know, Shigeru Miyamoto's Spaceworld announcement revealing the new look 'The Legend of Zelda' title as a cartoony cel-shaded game featuring what looks like a little boy with eyes as big as tennis balls! As soon as this was announced there was massive media confusion. Where was the super realistic game that he had started working on before? What happened to that brilliant title he had created?

This was the media making out Shigeru Miyamoto to be some kind of criminal! He had wronged the world with his new-look Zelda! He dis-honoured the fans and himself with this childish game! This was despite the fact that at Speceworld 2000, he made it clear that the footage of Link fighting Ganon was just a demo of what the GameCube could do. The media automatically assumed that that's what Shigeru's new Zelda would look like, and were mortally shocked.

Now I have read numerous comments on many boards and news articles, and especially the magazines about this. Most of them were just negative comments, a few of them were positive, but there was the odd one or two which said "Why is Shigeru Miyamoto doing this?" The answer is simple. He wanted to, that's why.

That's right, no matter what you think, this game, being the Legend of a Princess named Zelda, is meant to be based on the original image Shigeru Miyamoto had in his mind when he made the original Nintendo Entertainment System game. Miyamoto said himself that he could create the game he originally wanted to make on the GameCube.

So maybe this is it?

Maybe this is what our friend Shigsy had in mind afterall! He couldn't create the games like this on the N64 because the machine couldn't handle that style of game, but now he's got the chance, he can create it on the GameCube!

If this is what he's doing, it allows for many questions to be asked. Will it really be the game Shigsy wanted to make? Will it be based on the original storyline? And will this be the greatest Zelda game ever?

If Shigeru Miyamoto can get his own way, then yep to all three! Shigeru will probably do his best to create what he wanted to all those years ago and probably more! Hopefully it will be based somewhat on the same storyline, though not neccesarily the same game (totally different style of play for a start!)

We could literally be seeing the best game ever! Hopefully, he will stick to the original Triforce storyline that, although probably seems old hat, will still give the three golden triangles some meaning in the new game. But if this backfires for Shigeru Miyamoto, Nintendo's reputation could be hit pretty hard!

The Zelda games are pretty big in comparison to the others, like Mario and the newest hit Pokémon. If the cel-shaded Zelda becomes a flop, that's one of Nintendo's biggest games tarnished with a bad reputation for a heck of a long time! Add to that, Nintendo fans will start to doubt Shigeru Miyamoto despite him still being one of the most imaginative and creative developers in the gaming world! Nintendo are taking a massive risk, and Shigeru, being Managing Director must know the pressures upon him.

So what's it going to be? A suprise for us gamers having the best game ever hitting our shelves? Or will it be Nintendo's biggest ever mistake? Whatever happens, remember not to judge the game til you've played it, as Shigeru Miyamoto has asked. After all, you don't expect your bosses to judge your presentation before you present do they? You don't expect your teachers to give you a bad grade before you get a chance to show them what your made of do you?
Sat 13/04/02 at 12:04
Regular
I'm not doubting the GameCube's Zelda game myself, and I'm not doubting the works of Shigeru Miyamoto. I was just looking at it from a different viewpoint.

I reckon, if this is how he wanted Zelda to look in the first place, and if this is the game he originally wanted to create, then it will be a massive contender for the best game ever!
Sat 13/04/02 at 10:25
"Mimmargh!"
cookie monster wrote:
> If the cel shaded game isnt a massive success, i dont really see it as
> being a big thing. It just allows Nintendo to say, "that didn't
> work" and they will try something else. If the Gamecube is going
> to last for 8 years,

The GameCubes meant to last 8 years! Well I am impressed, I thought the average console lasted about 5 years.

I think I will buy the new Zelda game when its released, but only as the other games have been good, there walking on hot coals with this new cel-shading I tell you!
Sat 13/04/02 at 08:30
Regular
The new Zelda WILL be a massive success. I am sick to the teeth of people complaining about the new look. Its SHIGSY! When has he ever let us down before? People moan about the lack of innovation and boring sequels - this is innovation! I for one am looking forward to the new Zelda equally if not more the way I anticipated the others
Sat 13/04/02 at 01:43
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
If the cel shaded game isnt a massive success, i dont really see it as being a big thing. It just allows Nintendo to say, "that didn't work" and they will try something else. If the Gamecube is going to last for 8 years, iam sure we will be seeing more than 1 Zelda game being released. Iam not worried about the new look, it allows Nintendo to experiment and toy with new ideas, a phrase that isnt in the sony and microsoft playbook.
Sat 13/04/02 at 01:24
Regular
Zelda is massive but Pokemon and Mario are MUCH BIGGER. If Celda doesn't work then shigs will go to the old "realistic" look but i've never in my life played a bad Nintendo game let along a bad Shiguru Miyamoto game. I am shocked to see you even suggest it not living up to the hype Edgy.
Sat 13/04/02 at 01:10
Regular
As you all know, Shigeru Miyamoto's Spaceworld announcement revealing the new look 'The Legend of Zelda' title as a cartoony cel-shaded game featuring what looks like a little boy with eyes as big as tennis balls! As soon as this was announced there was massive media confusion. Where was the super realistic game that he had started working on before? What happened to that brilliant title he had created?

This was the media making out Shigeru Miyamoto to be some kind of criminal! He had wronged the world with his new-look Zelda! He dis-honoured the fans and himself with this childish game! This was despite the fact that at Speceworld 2000, he made it clear that the footage of Link fighting Ganon was just a demo of what the GameCube could do. The media automatically assumed that that's what Shigeru's new Zelda would look like, and were mortally shocked.

Now I have read numerous comments on many boards and news articles, and especially the magazines about this. Most of them were just negative comments, a few of them were positive, but there was the odd one or two which said "Why is Shigeru Miyamoto doing this?" The answer is simple. He wanted to, that's why.

That's right, no matter what you think, this game, being the Legend of a Princess named Zelda, is meant to be based on the original image Shigeru Miyamoto had in his mind when he made the original Nintendo Entertainment System game. Miyamoto said himself that he could create the game he originally wanted to make on the GameCube.

So maybe this is it?

Maybe this is what our friend Shigsy had in mind afterall! He couldn't create the games like this on the N64 because the machine couldn't handle that style of game, but now he's got the chance, he can create it on the GameCube!

If this is what he's doing, it allows for many questions to be asked. Will it really be the game Shigsy wanted to make? Will it be based on the original storyline? And will this be the greatest Zelda game ever?

If Shigeru Miyamoto can get his own way, then yep to all three! Shigeru will probably do his best to create what he wanted to all those years ago and probably more! Hopefully it will be based somewhat on the same storyline, though not neccesarily the same game (totally different style of play for a start!)

We could literally be seeing the best game ever! Hopefully, he will stick to the original Triforce storyline that, although probably seems old hat, will still give the three golden triangles some meaning in the new game. But if this backfires for Shigeru Miyamoto, Nintendo's reputation could be hit pretty hard!

The Zelda games are pretty big in comparison to the others, like Mario and the newest hit Pokémon. If the cel-shaded Zelda becomes a flop, that's one of Nintendo's biggest games tarnished with a bad reputation for a heck of a long time! Add to that, Nintendo fans will start to doubt Shigeru Miyamoto despite him still being one of the most imaginative and creative developers in the gaming world! Nintendo are taking a massive risk, and Shigeru, being Managing Director must know the pressures upon him.

So what's it going to be? A suprise for us gamers having the best game ever hitting our shelves? Or will it be Nintendo's biggest ever mistake? Whatever happens, remember not to judge the game til you've played it, as Shigeru Miyamoto has asked. After all, you don't expect your bosses to judge your presentation before you present do they? You don't expect your teachers to give you a bad grade before you get a chance to show them what your made of do you?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.