GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"very slow emails."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/02/16 at 18:25
Regular
Hi, is anyone else having probems downloading emails with outlook.

for the past 2 days it takes hours to download just a few basic emails.
Fri 12/08/16 at 15:02
"Are you sure?"
UPDATE

My client (with a Freeola domain and BT email) has just supplied me with an error some people are seeing when they try emailing (Freeola email auto-forwarding to his BT account):

421 Too many messages

A Google shows this problem has lots of history! - I'm still reading up on this...

Emails that haven't failed seem to get delayed - last lot arrived around 6 hours after sending.

@Shhh - it would be useful to know how you got on???

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT: Support Ticket 215197 raised.
Wed 10/08/16 at 09:52
"Are you sure?"
Shhh wrote:
Hi, Yes emails now coming through freeola are taking hours sometimes up to 5 hrs to come through.

I use BT as my primary one with my unique email address forwarded from freeola.

however I am not sure on this either

How did you get on with this?

As I mentioned, my own setup (no BT involved!) seems to be working normally. BUT, I've just had a call from a client who uses BT and also has a Freeola domain where accounts all forward to his BT address and it looks like there could be an issue.

Tests directly to his BT email account are instant but emails to his Freeola domain aren't arriving...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 08/08/16 at 22:38
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Eccles wrote:
E-mail was never designed to be a form of instant communication.... that's why they invented the telephone :)

Nice one Eccles :ŹD

No problems with me
Mon 08/08/16 at 21:37
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
E-mail was never designed to be a form of instant communication.... that's why they invented the telephone :)
Mon 08/08/16 at 15:57
"possibly impossible"
I've noticed slow email delivery today as well. I've been using the webmail and sent some tests to various addresses I own and then sent some back.

Outgoing seems fine, but incoming is very slow.

5 minutes and replies to my original emails from gmail and yahoo have not arrived back in my freeola mail inbox yet.

13 minutes now.

Edit: arrived 13 minutes after sending from yahoo.
Mon 08/08/16 at 10:31
"Are you sure?"
Hi and welcome to the forums.

There's a good chance the problem is at BT's end!
I've just tested Freeola's email service and it's instant for me.

You might want to change your setup so that you pick email up directly from Freeola so you can troubleshoot where the bottleneck may be. Or add an additional email to your redirection using a non-BT account as a test.

I tried to look for a useful BT 'slow email delivery' issue; but there are too many to look at via Google!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 07/08/16 at 20:35
Regular
Hi, Yes emails now coming through freeola are taking hours sometimes up to 5 hrs to come through.

I use BT as my primary one with my unique email address forwarded from freeola.

however I am not sure on this either
Fri 12/02/16 at 20:50
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Hi, Support have replied to your ticket but of course due to your problem you may not have read the reply yet!
There are no issues our end at present and no one else has reported this problem so I suggest you close Outlook, temporarily disable any security software you have installed and then try firing up Outlook again. Failing that you just try and alternative client such as Thunderbird. If that works then you've narrowed down the problem to Outlook and Google may throw up a solution, I've just checked and there are lots of slow down problems with Outlook!
Fri 12/02/16 at 18:41
"Are you sure?"
Hi,
All working normally for me.

I'm connected via Freeola VDSL and using both standard and EmailPro email. Also email to my mobile not using a Freeola connection seems to be working normally.

Can you give some more details on your setup?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 12/02/16 at 18:25
Regular
Hi, is anyone else having probems downloading emails with outlook.

for the past 2 days it takes hours to download just a few basic emails.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.