GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What everyone needs is a free internet phoneline."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/10/00 at 18:35
Regular
Okay internet is becoming a big thing now, but one problem is bills could add up to 100 quid, through playing Quake 3 online. That's what Sega hasn't got, and needs it badly to boost start it's internet service. It's what all of them need on their consoles.
If the PC's have got hold of that first, what's the point of using your DC's online service when your free to stay online as long as you want, like what i can now.
If i buy a PS2 or GC i will not even touch the online services until it's free! I don't want to pay hundreds of pounds just to surf the net on through the TV instead of a PC monitor.
Sun 15/10/00 at 21:55
Regular
NTL? £5 a month? Free internet? Are you sure?
Sun 15/10/00 at 02:18
Sorry, jumped the gun a bit there. Can you get Dreamcast online through a normal ISP, or do you have to call a specific number for the Sega system?

Not sure how their system works... obviously!
Sun 15/10/00 at 02:15
If you can, switch over to NTL.

Their initial line rental is cheaper than BT, and a second line is cheaper still.

And internet access through them is completely free. All you pay is your line rental, which in my case is under £5 per month. All internet calls are through an 0800 number, and there is no monthly charge either. My line rental (£4-something) is now all I pay.

They do cut you off if your connection is idle for 5 minutes, or if you have been connected for 2 hours continuous - but it's no problem just to dial up again!
Sat 14/10/00 at 20:35
Regular
Having free phonecalls costs £10 every month though so it's hardly free!
And also, no one han phone you while you're using it.
We need to find a way without having to use phonelines!
Sat 14/10/00 at 18:35
Regular
Okay internet is becoming a big thing now, but one problem is bills could add up to 100 quid, through playing Quake 3 online. That's what Sega hasn't got, and needs it badly to boost start it's internet service. It's what all of them need on their consoles.
If the PC's have got hold of that first, what's the point of using your DC's online service when your free to stay online as long as you want, like what i can now.
If i buy a PS2 or GC i will not even touch the online services until it's free! I don't want to pay hundreds of pounds just to surf the net on through the TV instead of a PC monitor.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.