GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Christmas TV"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/12/07 at 14:44
"possibly impossible"
Ah, there's nothing like sitting around with a belly full of turkey watching Christmas TV. It's often equally excellent and terrible at the same time and this year is no exception.

Such a mix of new eagerly awaited episodes such as Doctor Who and Extras, sitting alongside the old trundled out movies like Chaplin or Romancing the Stone and newer ones such as The Polor Express. Then throw in some costume drama or soap. This year we've had Oliver already and we've got To The Manor Bourne to come (joy!)

Not to mention those favourites among grannies and mums such as Strictly come dancing and plenty of repeats of classic comedies.

This year does seem to be a better effort than last year, though. The BBC in particular seem to have done well in providing something for everyone. They've even got that short festive Shrek animation showing on Christmas Eve. They've also got the first Pirates movie, Galaxy Quest and Monsters Inc, not too bad considering they're a terrestrial channel.

So, what are you looking forward to?
Sun 30/12/07 at 20:59
"possibly impossible"
Downloaded Extras on the US release (as I would have had to download it either way, not being in the UK), I loved that special, really went out on a high note, I think.

Though it's sad, it's good that these sort of things don't go on forever, flogging a dead horse. Gervais seems to realise that finishing while everyone still rates the show is the best way.
Sat 29/12/07 at 14:37
Regular
"Mooching around"
Olly_Solskjaer wrote:
> Extras tonight - 9pm, BBC1. :)

What an odd episode! Still, loved it all the same :)
Thu 27/12/07 at 16:53
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Extras tonight - 9pm, BBC1. :)
Mon 24/12/07 at 11:00
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Might catch Dr Who, I haven't really looked at the TV listings for the next few days though. There's some programme on comparing the story of Christmas to events in other religions that pre-date it, but I've always had an odd interest in that sort of thing. Blame C of E "Aided" Primary eductation!

Haven't seen Blackadder's Christmas Carol in some time, and Dragon's Den should be good too, though what constitutes a Christmas special for it I'm not sure.

The Terminal does look like an interesting movie, will probably have to catch that too.
Fri 21/12/07 at 14:44
"possibly impossible"
Ah, there's nothing like sitting around with a belly full of turkey watching Christmas TV. It's often equally excellent and terrible at the same time and this year is no exception.

Such a mix of new eagerly awaited episodes such as Doctor Who and Extras, sitting alongside the old trundled out movies like Chaplin or Romancing the Stone and newer ones such as The Polor Express. Then throw in some costume drama or soap. This year we've had Oliver already and we've got To The Manor Bourne to come (joy!)

Not to mention those favourites among grannies and mums such as Strictly come dancing and plenty of repeats of classic comedies.

This year does seem to be a better effort than last year, though. The BBC in particular seem to have done well in providing something for everyone. They've even got that short festive Shrek animation showing on Christmas Eve. They've also got the first Pirates movie, Galaxy Quest and Monsters Inc, not too bad considering they're a terrestrial channel.

So, what are you looking forward to?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.