GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Any decent two player games?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/04/02 at 19:13
Regular
Hello, Just wondering if anyone can recommend any good two player games for the PS2. Not just games with two player features like driving games or beat-em ups etc. I need a two player adventure type game, something that is co-operative rather than kill/maim/beat the other player. Thing is my sister wants to play on the PS2 and the only two player co-op game I possess is Kuri Kuri Mix and although she likes it I get annoyed by it, its so damn infuriating. Dunno, if any of you can remember the Mega Drive game Dynamite Dux, if so something along those lines.
Sat 13/04/02 at 23:08
Regular
"Self-attraction???"
Red Faction is a good 2 player game and only 20 pound. :)
Sat 13/04/02 at 16:59
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Burnout is a good 2-player, it fun knocking you apponent into oncoming traffic and a real challange to stop yourself surcomming to the same fate. I also hear Baldur's Gate:Dark Alliance has a good 2-player, but I haven't got that game yet.
Sat 13/04/02 at 09:09
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I want a game like Contra, will it ever be released on the PS 2 I wonder?

Heard some rumours, but not sure

anyone know anymore on this?
Fri 12/04/02 at 22:52
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
MetalGear2King wrote:
> Agent Under Fire the game has a great multi-player once the game has
> been completed.

Oh you have GOT to be joking! That game was dismal. Painfully slow and just dismal all round. The multiplayer was truly crap. Not a scratch on Perfect Dark OR Goldeneye.
Fri 12/04/02 at 22:43
Agent Under Fire the game has a great multi-player once the game has been completed.
Fri 12/04/02 at 22:35
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
There are many different types of games that you can choose from. Why would you only be interested in buying a game because of its 2-player mode? Well there are still plenty of games to choose from. As already mentioned there is the great shoot 'em up, Timesplitters. I have only recently purchased this game and am very pleased with it. The single player mode gets a bit repetitive, you have to retrieve a certain item and bring it back to the beggining of the level, but the Challange mode and Arcade mode are still superb. The arcade mode allows you to show off your unlocked characters, show off your skills against friends and kick some time splitter butt. There are many different modes to use on the arcade mode. Capture the bag is certainly my faveroute, you have to enter the other teams bases and capture their bag. Once you have got this bag, take it back to your base and score a point. The challange mode allows you to kill ducks, frow bricks and shoot zombies heads off. Complete a challange and you will unlock extra characters, levels and bot sets. Overall Time Splitters is a great multi-player game but the single player needs to be updated for the game sell even more copies.

Dynasty warriors is a great battle game for those tactitions, warriors and people that just like to kick a little behind. the single player has only a couple of levels but each level is detailed and complex. The multi-player mode is the place to show of some of your silky combos to your friends. Overaall this game will get a bit boring but for certain people this game will not be reoved from the PS2.

NHL 2002 is both a great single player and multi-player game. Created by EA, this game has stunning graphics and great gameplay. The cards are also a great aspect to the game but because you asked about multi-player games, i will tell you what NHL 2002 has to offer. You can play a match against your friends, play a shootout with a friend, play in a season eith a friend and play in a tournament with a friend. The game of hocky may seem very simple but will last for ages. Overall this game has what all sport lovers need.
Fri 12/04/02 at 20:02
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Ive been looking for something like this for ages and not really found much, the only decent one I have is Timesplitters, if anyone else knows of other 2 player platformers or other types of games then answers on a post card please....
Fri 12/04/02 at 19:52
Regular
i have to agree with Agent Under Fire they are all good games there are also Half Life and Timesplitters.
Fri 12/04/02 at 19:17
Dynasty Warriors 3 - you can play co-op missions around the battlefield or against ach other and never have to fight each other!

Any EA sports games are all co-op or 2 player
Fri 12/04/02 at 19:13
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
Hello, Just wondering if anyone can recommend any good two player games for the PS2. Not just games with two player features like driving games or beat-em ups etc. I need a two player adventure type game, something that is co-operative rather than kill/maim/beat the other player. Thing is my sister wants to play on the PS2 and the only two player co-op game I possess is Kuri Kuri Mix and although she likes it I get annoyed by it, its so damn infuriating. Dunno, if any of you can remember the Mega Drive game Dynamite Dux, if so something along those lines.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.