GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best fighting game?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/04/02 at 14:14
Regular
Hi, I think that its about time that I bought a fighting game for my PS2, and as DOA2 and tekken-tag have both been released on platinum, I'm not sure which one to get. So which is the best? and do you have to wait for tagged characters to load in tekken-tag?
Fri 12/04/02 at 18:53
Regular
"Bah"
Well i brought DOA2 and having not played tekken tag i was fairly pleased but as i put in my other thread how the hell do you get the last itme after the star?????
Fri 12/04/02 at 18:35
Regular
"Whatever!"
I would say Tekken Tag aswell - DoA2 is good but quite short - TT should keep you going for a long time!!
Fri 12/04/02 at 16:47
Regular
well i would have to say get both second hand as then they will only be £10 each and you get the decent cases instead of the Platinum ones.
Fri 12/04/02 at 15:19
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
I'd say TTT as well but I've never played DOA so wouldn't know about it.

The Tag bit is only as fast as you can get your player that's having the cr@p kicked out of him out.

Also great in versus mode against your mates.....I still play this now and really enjoy it!
Fri 12/04/02 at 15:01
Regular
"Touched!"
I'd say Tekken tag, i used to own DOA2 and i wish i had never bought it, i just found the gameplay boring and unexciting, i liked tekken a lot more, i prefer the gameplay to the DOA series, and the tag mode i thought was better!, go for Tekken i saw, or maybe wait for VF4 if you have the cash!!
Fri 12/04/02 at 14:34
Regular
"size does matter"
I´d go for Tekken, too. I actually did already:)
Fri 12/04/02 at 14:29
Cool. It was the whole tagging/loading thing that was putting me off TTT in the first place. I'll probably go for TTT then.
thanx nh.
Fri 12/04/02 at 14:25
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Now that was spam Diplomat !!!

Out of those two I prefer Tekken Tag mainly I suppose because I had played the previous Tekkens on PSX and was used to the control system and the fighting styles.

I think Tekken Tag has been slated unfairly cos it is a good game (I Suppose I had better add the old proverbial "In my opinion")

As far as the Tag business is concerned - no probs there cos all the characters are loadad at the start - as soon as you press the shoulder button (I think it's L1 - might be wrong - hey ho ) the characters swap over, so depending on which game you are playing, the idea is to balance the characters so you alwasy have one with some health left fighting.

Hope that helps.
Fri 12/04/02 at 14:22
Diplomat wrote:
> spammer!!!!!!!!!!!

>just kidding:)

aw, poo - I suppose it is a bit of a SPAM, I would just like to know which one to get though!
Fri 12/04/02 at 14:19
Regular
"size does matter"
spammer!!!!!!!!!!!

just kidding:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.