GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why was the 'Freeola' dialup so...gaaaaaaaah?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/04/02 at 12:42
Regular
I posted this in the 'Customer Service' forum, but I'm putting it here as well, seeing as it's the 'Freeola' forum.

Hi. I needed a connection to the internet, so I decided to use 'Freeola', as it promised no connection fee and local call rates. So I made a new connection, put in the phone number and everything and connected. Everything worked fine...for about 2 days. Then the problems started. At first it wasn't so bad, taking 2 or 3 attempts to get connected. Then it would connect after a few tries and then disconnect automatically (having to repeat this process many times before it would connect). Then, finally, after about 2 weeks of this it practically stopped working altogether. What was going on? Was it me, or you lot? Now I have NTL installed and I'm much happier. It connects instantly, using the same modem and processes as the 'Freeola' connection. I still have the dialup, as both my sites use 'Freeola' to upload, but if I have trouble like this again I may have to take my sites elsewhere to be hosted. Cheers.
Fri 12/04/02 at 16:46
Regular
just verifieing that the "freeola" dial up password is temporary so you can connect to freeola and open your own account, otherwise everyone would be connecting to one user name and password, they should make it more clear. also if you find that the number 08451121400 is unusable to connect and sign up then try this number 08451121200.

c.b.
Fri 12/04/02 at 16:46
Regular
just verifieing that the "freeola" dial up password is temporary so you can connect to freeola and open your own account, otherwise everyone would be connecting to one user name and password, they should make it more clear. also if you find that the number 08451121400 is unusable to connect and sign up then try this number 08451121200.

c.b.
Fri 12/04/02 at 13:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'm using my own connection now...I'll see how it goes.
Fri 12/04/02 at 12:49
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
hhhmmmm, WòókieeMøn§†€® seems to have beaten me in getting here ... damm slow Freeserve connetion, lol. Sorry about that.
Fri 12/04/02 at 12:48
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
If you haven't seen "WòókieeMøn§†€®" reply in the SR Forum, then I'll tell ya'. You should sign up as your own, with your own UsSername and Password, as the 'freeola' one is intended for people just to sign up first. It's to cut out the need for a CD.
Fri 12/04/02 at 12:48
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I just used the details from the mag. I don't remember it saying anything about it being temporary.
Fri 12/04/02 at 12:45
"High polygon count"
My reply from the other forum...

The username and password 'freeola' are only intended for use while you set up your own account, as far as I know.

Once that's done, you will be given your own connection details, and can select your own password.
Fri 12/04/02 at 12:42
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I posted this in the 'Customer Service' forum, but I'm putting it here as well, seeing as it's the 'Freeola' forum.

Hi. I needed a connection to the internet, so I decided to use 'Freeola', as it promised no connection fee and local call rates. So I made a new connection, put in the phone number and everything and connected. Everything worked fine...for about 2 days. Then the problems started. At first it wasn't so bad, taking 2 or 3 attempts to get connected. Then it would connect after a few tries and then disconnect automatically (having to repeat this process many times before it would connect). Then, finally, after about 2 weeks of this it practically stopped working altogether. What was going on? Was it me, or you lot? Now I have NTL installed and I'm much happier. It connects instantly, using the same modem and processes as the 'Freeola' connection. I still have the dialup, as both my sites use 'Freeola' to upload, but if I have trouble like this again I may have to take my sites elsewhere to be hosted. Cheers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.