GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How important are endings to video games? (Possible spoiler for Jak and Daxter)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/04/02 at 20:28
Regular
Jak and Daxter
This is a very good game and is great fun. You collect power orbs. There was a rumour going around that if you collect all of the power orbs you get a good different ending. A friend of mine bought a guide so that he could get all of the power orbs and see this new ending. He collected them all after dying hundreds of times, but still enjoyed the experience. I was there at the time when he collected his last one and we both got excited expecting a stylish ending, but instead all we saw was a door opening revealing a bright white light.
Our jaws dropped with disappointment!
Is this a preview for the second game or just a heavenly experience?
A disappointing reward for all the hard work needed to complete this game. Do poor endings detract from the overall impact a game has on the player, and if so, should this be the case?
Thu 11/04/02 at 21:49
It was a lame ending because you just had to do exactly what you had done all through the game.

You have to kill this person who has been brought up from the dead and brings loads of other 'friends' with him.
You just have to kill them all.

Pretty lame ending after endless killing of german soldiers and skeleton monsters!

:(
Thu 11/04/02 at 21:39
Protoss wrote:
> Endings are very important, you need something to work for I suppose. See the
> new Wolfenstien? It's main problem was a really, really lame ending. Really
> lame. Why was the ending so lame
Thu 11/04/02 at 21:37
Protoss wrote:
> lame.
Why was the ending so lame
reply please
Thu 11/04/02 at 21:35
Protoss wrote:
> lame.
Why was the ending so lame
Thu 11/04/02 at 21:27
Protoss wrote:
> lame.
Thu 11/04/02 at 20:40
Regular
"Hmmm....."
so tell me exactly........... WAS it a different ending?

and to answer your question......... is games are to actually END as such then yes, they need to have a great ending.
Thu 11/04/02 at 20:32
"Mimmargh!"
Endings are very important, you need something to work for I suppose. See the new Wolfenstien? It's main problem was a really, really lame ending. Really lame.
Thu 11/04/02 at 20:28
Jak and Daxter
This is a very good game and is great fun. You collect power orbs. There was a rumour going around that if you collect all of the power orbs you get a good different ending. A friend of mine bought a guide so that he could get all of the power orbs and see this new ending. He collected them all after dying hundreds of times, but still enjoyed the experience. I was there at the time when he collected his last one and we both got excited expecting a stylish ending, but instead all we saw was a door opening revealing a bright white light.
Our jaws dropped with disappointment!
Is this a preview for the second game or just a heavenly experience?
A disappointing reward for all the hard work needed to complete this game. Do poor endings detract from the overall impact a game has on the player, and if so, should this be the case?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.