GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"People who diss ps2 read this!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/04/02 at 20:09
Regular
Rite a lot of people have been saying the ps2 wont last. Well heres what i think:

Firstly i know the X-Box has a better spec than the PS2, so what? Didnt the N64 have a better spec than the Playstation? Which was more Succesful there? The playstation of course. And i believe that when the DC was released in the UK it had a better spec than the PS, but guess wot? The DC flopped and the PS carried on selling, along with all its games. So that there firstly proves why spec doesnt play that much of a role in games.

So why will the PS2 last? Well the main reason is the fact that a PS and PS2 have become general household item in the UK, because people want to play great console games. I dont know what it is about the PS2 it just really appeals to EVERYONE. where the X-Box will appeal to die hard gamers who want only the best speed and graphics, it wont appeal to "average" gamers they want to play good games on a good console they can trust and really on, this you certaintly do with the PS2. So talks that the PS3 will get a hurried release arent true. Because the PS2 is for Gaming, ok if playing games is your one and only hobbie then you may buy a x-box aswell but the fact is most people will stick with their ps2. And their friends that have played their ps2 will buy 1 and so on.

So if you are a ps2 owner and worried that you have chosen the wrong console to buy then dont! I really cant see sony and the PS2 game developers turning their backs on such a WIDE target audience.

Do you agree with me? Id like to see if you do!
Sat 13/04/02 at 14:35
Regular
My favorite mag is PSM2 or maybe P2.
Sat 13/04/02 at 14:33
Regular
im going to see which magazines are in today, that PSW one is quite old now
Sat 13/04/02 at 14:21
Regular
ok, i'm looking forward to my experience with all consals in about 2-3 years. i hope they all survive.
Sat 13/04/02 at 14:18
Im actually glad to see that some people agree with me and some people dont, it makes the debate much better. Im sorry that my original message was long and maybe unclear but it takes me a while to get the the point! :)

I just bought PSW and read that article and thats how i feel.

Also When i said everybody liked PS2 i obviously didnt mean the whole world did i! I cant ask everybody!!!! I just mean a large amount of people have no complaints with the ps2 if they are a "casual gamer".

Keep posting back saying what you think, and please continue to insult me, i like it :)
Fri 12/04/02 at 18:29
Regular
"Self-attraction???"
I agree totally!
Fri 12/04/02 at 09:57
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Actually there is a very amusing article in the latest issue of PSW about people
> who dislike PS2. I recommend that you all buy it and read the article.

Quite a funny article, but actually pretty true. The hardcore gamer versus the casual gamer, a argument right there :).
Fri 12/04/02 at 09:50
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Of course, if any of the machines were THAT good, you'd all be far too busy
> playing on them to waste time posting this garbage here...

How many times has that thought crossed my mind .... ;)
Fri 12/04/02 at 09:40
"High polygon count"
Actually there is a very amusing article in the latest issue of PSW about people who dislike PS2. I recommend that you all buy it and read the article.

The cover has Lara Croft on the front, with "Did you miss me?" in the top-right corner.
Fri 12/04/02 at 09:39
"High polygon count"
Of course, if any of the machines were THAT good, you'd all be far too busy playing on them to waste time posting this garbage here...
Fri 12/04/02 at 09:22
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Oh dear - not again !!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.