GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What Are They On????"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/04/02 at 19:54
Regular
Recently, as the XBox, and now the Gamecube are coming out, a lot of articles,features have been circulating in the media. Unfortuantely, the huge majority of these are aimed at people who have no clue about the games industry, and its workings. This is a problem, because the features always show the 'simple' facts - XBox is the most powerful -but it does not mention that it has few quality release titles, and that the GC can easily match it in the graphics stakes. The GC is aimed at children - Obviously, Resi, Eternal Darkness, Turok and co are not adult enough. You see, for the casual reader, the facts are simple - The PS2 and Xbox are for gamers, the GC is a toy (well, then what are the others????) In reality, the GC is for gamers- purely designed for and by the best gamers in the world. This would mean, that if ever the 'casual reader' decided to get a console, the 'experts view' would show the Xbox and Ps2 to be the be the best. To find the GC, you have to go looking,on to sites like this, or other specialized things, but the others are in newspaper articles, and all over the internet - they are publicised by independant articles far more.

This is wrong - The GC is fantastic, and Nintendo deserve more of the credit for bringing gaming where it is today, form the mass market.
Thu 11/04/02 at 22:07
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Its not Nintendos strategy, its the attention of the independant media that bugs me.

Cheers for the replies!
Thu 11/04/02 at 20:27
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
nice post, i too agree!
Thu 11/04/02 at 19:59
Regular
"hit the road jack"
I totally agree, i too am fed up with x-box's smut. :)j
Thu 11/04/02 at 19:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Recently, as the XBox, and now the Gamecube are coming out, a lot of articles,features have been circulating in the media. Unfortuantely, the huge majority of these are aimed at people who have no clue about the games industry, and its workings. This is a problem, because the features always show the 'simple' facts - XBox is the most powerful -but it does not mention that it has few quality release titles, and that the GC can easily match it in the graphics stakes. The GC is aimed at children - Obviously, Resi, Eternal Darkness, Turok and co are not adult enough. You see, for the casual reader, the facts are simple - The PS2 and Xbox are for gamers, the GC is a toy (well, then what are the others????) In reality, the GC is for gamers- purely designed for and by the best gamers in the world. This would mean, that if ever the 'casual reader' decided to get a console, the 'experts view' would show the Xbox and Ps2 to be the be the best. To find the GC, you have to go looking,on to sites like this, or other specialized things, but the others are in newspaper articles, and all over the internet - they are publicised by independant articles far more.

This is wrong - The GC is fantastic, and Nintendo deserve more of the credit for bringing gaming where it is today, form the mass market.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.