GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Life of Games..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/04/02 at 17:15
Regular
Youve probably heard this sort of thing before but here is a tale of truth and despair, twist and turns and cheap people using emulators.....
The story begins.. It was christmas and a small boy recieved an amazing present -his first entrance that amde him interested in games, the Atari. It cost a fair bit and the games where pricey but it was the best chrismas so far, except for the excessive grooves in his hands from the square shaped pads and the circles in his thumb...but a gateway into the game world had been opened that could never be closed...

The next consoles to privildge owning was the Master System. Intitled this because it was supposed to be the "master" system made by a main competitor in the time "Sega" a name which this generation relates to dreamcast and failure, but back in those dasy Sega was a great name only to be rivaled by the likes of Nintendo and the amazing Snes that now time has forgotten....
Ths master system had a slightly more comfotable pad and amazing 2d scrolling graphics that were very cool - with the likes of Sonic and other side scrollers

Next was the MegaDrive. The pad had been refined, smoothened and the cartridge format was still kept on for speedy loadings and it seemed that this bit of black sleekness was the king of the consoles unrivaled with classics like golden axe and streeets of rage, oh those were the days!

then came the SNES, and sega tried to keep cool whilst selling its brilliant consoles, but with the likes of zelda coming fully into play it seemed like nintendo could become BIG

Then as i remember there was a range that really didnt take of the Sega 32X that used CD's but didnt proved as much fun to the user, a novel idea that would be later brought into play

Then the next generation consoles came. The saturn, N64 and PS - it seemed an unsure and steady battle at firts but with the help of lara segas games and ninty carts were pushed back to give a huge lead to sons not so superior but still great consoles and made it the console to own, and so was nintendos console just for smash bros and Perfect dark/goldeneye.

The success of the playstation had been phenomenal to sony a newcomer to the market, and they had made gaming a cooler thing to do and not something geeks sitting in damp rooms did but something that everyone should do and a acceptable part of society.

Then we come to the current. The PS2 continues the sucess of its younger brother and has ad no tough competiton yet from its rivals - its more of a home entertainment system than they last and loads of AAA titles as well as continuing the GT, GTA and MGS series where they all left off. Microsoft a newbie to the console market stepped in and probably expected the same sort of welcome that sony got with its first console, but with pricing strategys like Sonys and the time advantage unless Microsoft act quick ninty is gonna get No2 and possibly No.1 on the games podeum.

So youve heard the life of a gamer. Its gone from poor "asteroids" graphics to 128Bit rampages on GTA3 and its been one hell of a journey. The huge growing market continues to engluf even the film business but where wil 2003 leave us? Microsoft need to act fast and give us Halo at an affordable price and Ninty really after all these years know what the consumer wants. But really Atari left the market and then did Sega with teh death of the DC so will Microsoft enter and then go the same way and not be able to match ninty and Sony - but the question is who will be the 3rd games cometitor to rival Sony and Ninty IF Microoft goes out. Only the future will tell, but my moneys on Dyson pulling a card from their sleeve :)

Thanks for reading this gamers life!

TJ
Fri 12/04/02 at 09:30
Regular
I remember in the early days of my gaming life, I used to visualize how games would be in the future.
I remember visualizing massive and detailed game environments into which I (as a player) could enter into and explore....
So it's quite amazing to now find myself in that future and now be playing the kind of games I used to visualize.
Fri 12/04/02 at 09:23
Regular
"Bah"
Forget the first 2 lines they make no sense as i was starting another topic as well.....coming soon from The Judge is "emulation sensation!"
Thu 11/04/02 at 17:15
Regular
"Bah"
Youve probably heard this sort of thing before but here is a tale of truth and despair, twist and turns and cheap people using emulators.....
The story begins.. It was christmas and a small boy recieved an amazing present -his first entrance that amde him interested in games, the Atari. It cost a fair bit and the games where pricey but it was the best chrismas so far, except for the excessive grooves in his hands from the square shaped pads and the circles in his thumb...but a gateway into the game world had been opened that could never be closed...

The next consoles to privildge owning was the Master System. Intitled this because it was supposed to be the "master" system made by a main competitor in the time "Sega" a name which this generation relates to dreamcast and failure, but back in those dasy Sega was a great name only to be rivaled by the likes of Nintendo and the amazing Snes that now time has forgotten....
Ths master system had a slightly more comfotable pad and amazing 2d scrolling graphics that were very cool - with the likes of Sonic and other side scrollers

Next was the MegaDrive. The pad had been refined, smoothened and the cartridge format was still kept on for speedy loadings and it seemed that this bit of black sleekness was the king of the consoles unrivaled with classics like golden axe and streeets of rage, oh those were the days!

then came the SNES, and sega tried to keep cool whilst selling its brilliant consoles, but with the likes of zelda coming fully into play it seemed like nintendo could become BIG

Then as i remember there was a range that really didnt take of the Sega 32X that used CD's but didnt proved as much fun to the user, a novel idea that would be later brought into play

Then the next generation consoles came. The saturn, N64 and PS - it seemed an unsure and steady battle at firts but with the help of lara segas games and ninty carts were pushed back to give a huge lead to sons not so superior but still great consoles and made it the console to own, and so was nintendos console just for smash bros and Perfect dark/goldeneye.

The success of the playstation had been phenomenal to sony a newcomer to the market, and they had made gaming a cooler thing to do and not something geeks sitting in damp rooms did but something that everyone should do and a acceptable part of society.

Then we come to the current. The PS2 continues the sucess of its younger brother and has ad no tough competiton yet from its rivals - its more of a home entertainment system than they last and loads of AAA titles as well as continuing the GT, GTA and MGS series where they all left off. Microsoft a newbie to the console market stepped in and probably expected the same sort of welcome that sony got with its first console, but with pricing strategys like Sonys and the time advantage unless Microsoft act quick ninty is gonna get No2 and possibly No.1 on the games podeum.

So youve heard the life of a gamer. Its gone from poor "asteroids" graphics to 128Bit rampages on GTA3 and its been one hell of a journey. The huge growing market continues to engluf even the film business but where wil 2003 leave us? Microsoft need to act fast and give us Halo at an affordable price and Ninty really after all these years know what the consumer wants. But really Atari left the market and then did Sega with teh death of the DC so will Microsoft enter and then go the same way and not be able to match ninty and Sony - but the question is who will be the 3rd games cometitor to rival Sony and Ninty IF Microoft goes out. Only the future will tell, but my moneys on Dyson pulling a card from their sleeve :)

Thanks for reading this gamers life!

TJ

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.