GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft Gamescom Review/Roundup"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/08/15 at 16:26
"possibly impossible"
Microsoft are first to bat at Gamescom 2015, but will there be any surprises that were not revealed at E3?

Xbox One New Features
----------------------------------
Xbox One is getting a DVR mode to go with its TV viewing feature. This means that programmes can be recorded and queued up for record straight to the Xbox Hard Drive or an external drive.

Xbox and Windows are getting together. Windows 10 allows you to play games from Xbox One if you buy it on Xbox and vice versa. You can stream some games from Xbox One too including the new Gears of War. It's a pretty good feature that should prevent issues with the main TV in the house being tied up with Eastenders.

All new Games with Gold games on Xbox 360 will be playable on Xbox One too for Preview Programme members (and then to everyone once the Backward Compatibility goes live). That means that Gold members will be able to play all the Games with Gold games on Xbox One, rather than just the 2 Xbox One games.

Games
----------
Crackdown 3 on Xbox One is apparently going to use 'the power of the cloud' which allegedly gives it 40% extra power than the Xbox CPU alone for things like destruction physics. It certainly looks good from the trailer, with buildings falling down around you.

Homefront Revoluton is another 'US taken over by a powerful military group' style game where you play as one of the revolution. The game is coming to the Xbox One Preview Programme for gamers to try the game before they buy (in my day they had demos). It features vehicles, guns and plenty of brown, corroded colour schemes.

Team 17 have a new Worms coming out, looks pretty much the same general idea as previous games but with better graphics. They're also publishing the Kickstarter backed Yuka Layle which is a spiritual successor to the Banjo Kazooie games.

Minecraft Windows 10 is free to anyone who has bought the PC version and it's available now. I've been dabbling in it and it's like a more streamlined version of the PC game with some console elements.

Mojang are also making Cobolt, a side scrolling shooter which is very different to Minecraft.

Halo 5 Guardians is going to have a console themed around it for October release. The 1GB Xbox One comes with the game as a digital download.

Just Cause 3 is one game I'm really looking forward to and the new trailer makes me even more excited. I loved the second game and this has just as much destruction and latching on to vehicles with that grappling hook, but all wrapped in lovely new graphics.

Forza 6 is coming (we knew that) on 15th September. Biggest racing game this generation (based on number of cars available) with 24 hour races available for those with too much caffeine in their bloodstream (I think I'll pass). Racing in the rain is the big feature with 3D modelled puddles (because that's what you look at when racing!). The rain is promised to be 'authentic' for each surface, though.

Rainbow Six Siege got a world premier trailer about people shooting other people and sneaking around being as quiet as possible before shouting orders at each other. It was so short and didn't really give away anything new, though, unlike the new Tomb Raider demo that showed off the new gameplay and updates that make it different to the last game. It's quite brutal.

...and just as things were wrapping up, along comes an announcement of a new Halo Wars game! Halo Wars 2 coming to Xbox One and PC. That should keep those Xbox realtime strategy fans happy.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Tue 04/08/15 at 16:26
"possibly impossible"
Microsoft are first to bat at Gamescom 2015, but will there be any surprises that were not revealed at E3?

Xbox One New Features
----------------------------------
Xbox One is getting a DVR mode to go with its TV viewing feature. This means that programmes can be recorded and queued up for record straight to the Xbox Hard Drive or an external drive.

Xbox and Windows are getting together. Windows 10 allows you to play games from Xbox One if you buy it on Xbox and vice versa. You can stream some games from Xbox One too including the new Gears of War. It's a pretty good feature that should prevent issues with the main TV in the house being tied up with Eastenders.

All new Games with Gold games on Xbox 360 will be playable on Xbox One too for Preview Programme members (and then to everyone once the Backward Compatibility goes live). That means that Gold members will be able to play all the Games with Gold games on Xbox One, rather than just the 2 Xbox One games.

Games
----------
Crackdown 3 on Xbox One is apparently going to use 'the power of the cloud' which allegedly gives it 40% extra power than the Xbox CPU alone for things like destruction physics. It certainly looks good from the trailer, with buildings falling down around you.

Homefront Revoluton is another 'US taken over by a powerful military group' style game where you play as one of the revolution. The game is coming to the Xbox One Preview Programme for gamers to try the game before they buy (in my day they had demos). It features vehicles, guns and plenty of brown, corroded colour schemes.

Team 17 have a new Worms coming out, looks pretty much the same general idea as previous games but with better graphics. They're also publishing the Kickstarter backed Yuka Layle which is a spiritual successor to the Banjo Kazooie games.

Minecraft Windows 10 is free to anyone who has bought the PC version and it's available now. I've been dabbling in it and it's like a more streamlined version of the PC game with some console elements.

Mojang are also making Cobolt, a side scrolling shooter which is very different to Minecraft.

Halo 5 Guardians is going to have a console themed around it for October release. The 1GB Xbox One comes with the game as a digital download.

Just Cause 3 is one game I'm really looking forward to and the new trailer makes me even more excited. I loved the second game and this has just as much destruction and latching on to vehicles with that grappling hook, but all wrapped in lovely new graphics.

Forza 6 is coming (we knew that) on 15th September. Biggest racing game this generation (based on number of cars available) with 24 hour races available for those with too much caffeine in their bloodstream (I think I'll pass). Racing in the rain is the big feature with 3D modelled puddles (because that's what you look at when racing!). The rain is promised to be 'authentic' for each surface, though.

Rainbow Six Siege got a world premier trailer about people shooting other people and sneaking around being as quiet as possible before shouting orders at each other. It was so short and didn't really give away anything new, though, unlike the new Tomb Raider demo that showed off the new gameplay and updates that make it different to the last game. It's quite brutal.

...and just as things were wrapping up, along comes an announcement of a new Halo Wars game! Halo Wars 2 coming to Xbox One and PC. That should keep those Xbox realtime strategy fans happy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.