GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 titles from a parallel (and slightly ridiculous) universe"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/04/02 at 14:37
Regular
I've never heard of any games spoofing other titles (Airplane! style), but I wait with baited breath for:

Tony's Forks Pro Bending (ft Urigella)
Take control of a master-illusionist as you bend forks, spoons and other cutlery using the special moves earned in one-player mode.

Metal Sheep-Shear Solid
The year:2010, The place: Outback Australia. You must shear bionic sheep of their steel wool, with the ultimate aim of knitting a full metal jacket.

Pre-Evolution Soccer
A football game using teams of lifeforms from much earlier in the evolutionary chain. Plankton FC vs Tadpole City? Cavepeople United vs Real Dinosaur? Goalkeeping was so much harder before the days of opposable thumbs!

Gran Turismo: UV Ray Specs
You play 76 year old Italian grandmomma: Gran Turismo, as she goes on holiday around Europe. Help her find her specs before shec can travel to her next tourist destination.

Red Tractor:
A revamp of Red Faction where you get to drive a tractor. Ace.

Burnout 2: economic crisis
Play a city trader working 22 hour days to earn his fortune. But expend too much energy, and you will develop unpleasent ulcers etc, eventually reaching exhaustion and, Burnout point.

Baldur's Fete: Park Alliance
Another gauntlet-style hack'em up, but set in the environs of a village green fete. Smash up that cake stall, destroy the bric-a-brac and then escape on the donkey in the Kiddies Corner.

Rhyme Crisis 2
(light-pun compatible)

Please excuse me, I must stop now, I appear to be turning into Richard Whitely...
Thu 11/04/02 at 22:02
Good post mate :-)
To be honest I'd like to see game developers produce with a bit more of a sense of humour i.e. GTA3
Back in my day (Vic 20!) games were primarily fun! Would def have preferred MGS2 it if had been produced with your slant in mind!
Thu 11/04/02 at 19:30
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Pre Evolution Soccer made me laugh.

The others sucked though...
Thu 11/04/02 at 16:32
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Pre-Evolution Soccor, brilliant, Neanderthal man running around kicking a football sized piece of Dinosaur dung, I'd buy it straight away.

I want it, I want it, I want it NOW!!!!
Thu 11/04/02 at 14:52
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Some good ideas there.

I suppose Red Tractor would have to be my favourite..

(Before anyone else say's it ! )
Thu 11/04/02 at 14:37
Regular
"95% organic"
I've never heard of any games spoofing other titles (Airplane! style), but I wait with baited breath for:

Tony's Forks Pro Bending (ft Urigella)
Take control of a master-illusionist as you bend forks, spoons and other cutlery using the special moves earned in one-player mode.

Metal Sheep-Shear Solid
The year:2010, The place: Outback Australia. You must shear bionic sheep of their steel wool, with the ultimate aim of knitting a full metal jacket.

Pre-Evolution Soccer
A football game using teams of lifeforms from much earlier in the evolutionary chain. Plankton FC vs Tadpole City? Cavepeople United vs Real Dinosaur? Goalkeeping was so much harder before the days of opposable thumbs!

Gran Turismo: UV Ray Specs
You play 76 year old Italian grandmomma: Gran Turismo, as she goes on holiday around Europe. Help her find her specs before shec can travel to her next tourist destination.

Red Tractor:
A revamp of Red Faction where you get to drive a tractor. Ace.

Burnout 2: economic crisis
Play a city trader working 22 hour days to earn his fortune. But expend too much energy, and you will develop unpleasent ulcers etc, eventually reaching exhaustion and, Burnout point.

Baldur's Fete: Park Alliance
Another gauntlet-style hack'em up, but set in the environs of a village green fete. Smash up that cake stall, destroy the bric-a-brac and then escape on the donkey in the Kiddies Corner.

Rhyme Crisis 2
(light-pun compatible)

Please excuse me, I must stop now, I appear to be turning into Richard Whitely...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.