GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wordpress Post and Pages returning Freeola Error 500"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/07/15 at 18:39
Regular
Hi,

Can anyone help, please?

Have done a one-click Wordpress install today on behalf of a client.

Database is set up.

All details in WP config file (checked via FTP) match those of database as seen in Freeola Control Panel.

PROBLEM

Surfing to the domain returns the default Theme WP 'Hello World' page, but if I then add any post or new page, publish that and try to view it, the server returns the following error page: (annoyingly, this form will not accept this address in one piece, so please rejoin the two halves of the URL.

http://registration.freeola.net
/errors/e.php?ec=500

At one point I even uninstalled WP, deleted the database and then reinstalled.

Anyone have any idea, please?

biglessons
Sun 26/07/15 at 10:29
Regular
Hmmmm,

Yep. Charles on Support has tackled this bright and early today, and carried out a manual install for me, writing:

"In all honesty, I'm not entirely sure what was wrong with the previous install, and I've not seen an issue like this with the one click installs previously, so I'll need to take that up with our systems team."

So no idea what the problem was.. but pleased with this morning's prompt solution.
Sun 26/07/15 at 10:25
"Are you sure?"
Glad to see you are 'up and running' now!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 26/07/15 at 09:28
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
biglessons wrote:
Hi Hmmmmm... Yeah. I've raised a ticket. Just hoping it was maybe me being dumb and someone might point out how. Doesn't feel right to me, either.

Have to say... I called phone support Saturday afternoon with this... couldn't have been less help :(

Thanks for your thoughts though. Appreciated.

I have just responded to your support request. Not really sure what the problem is at the moment, but I'm sure we can help resolve it.

It certainly looks like an issue with the install itself, but I've not seen one go quite like this before...
Sun 26/07/15 at 00:42
Regular
Hi Hmmmmm... Yeah. I've raised a ticket. Just hoping it was maybe me being dumb and someone might point out how. Doesn't feel right to me, either.

Have to say... I called phone support Saturday afternoon with this... couldn't have been less help :(

Thanks for your thoughts though. Appreciated.
Sat 25/07/15 at 19:46
"Are you sure?"
Hi and welcome to the forum.

That doesn't sound right for a One Click Install.
I would raise a support ticket to get a staffie to investigate.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 25/07/15 at 18:39
Regular
Hi,

Can anyone help, please?

Have done a one-click Wordpress install today on behalf of a client.

Database is set up.

All details in WP config file (checked via FTP) match those of database as seen in Freeola Control Panel.

PROBLEM

Surfing to the domain returns the default Theme WP 'Hello World' page, but if I then add any post or new page, publish that and try to view it, the server returns the following error page: (annoyingly, this form will not accept this address in one piece, so please rejoin the two halves of the URL.

http://registration.freeola.net
/errors/e.php?ec=500

At one point I even uninstalled WP, deleted the database and then reinstalled.

Anyone have any idea, please?

biglessons

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.