GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FTP on Standard Hosting - near capacity?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/07/15 at 16:32
"Are you sure?"
Thought it was worth a mention rather than a Support Ticket at this stage...

I've noticed that FTP (Standard Hosting) hasn't been it's normal sprightly self this week. I've had a number of file uploads fail which is unusual. The re-try is normally successful (all using Filezilla FTP client as normal).

Looking at the Filezilla log I'm seeing that the maximum users (100) is reported as being reached so logins aren't always successful. I've been working on servers 4 and 5 mostly but it looks busy everywhere.

i.e. Connecting to web server 5 now I see:
220-You are user number 96 of 100 allowed

EDIT:
An FTP to server 7 displayed:
230-Your bandwidth usage is restricted

Something going on or just very busy?
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 16/07/15 at 18:08
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for the replies :¬)

I was seeing lots of errors earlier "100 out of 100" but it looks like levels have dropped back to normal now.

I'll let you know if I see any further problems obviously ;¬)

Thanks again,
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 16/07/15 at 16:35
Staff
Should be better now, the servers were not clearing sessions from IP's they had banned for multiple failed logins, and the volume of IP's having to be banned had risen sharply.
Wed 15/07/15 at 21:51
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
It's being looked into Hmmm... monitoring has been flagging this on and off very briefly.

As for the 230 message, that is normal. It means you have successfully authenticated but your connection is limited to a certain bandwidth, all connections are.
Wed 15/07/15 at 16:32
"Are you sure?"
Thought it was worth a mention rather than a Support Ticket at this stage...

I've noticed that FTP (Standard Hosting) hasn't been it's normal sprightly self this week. I've had a number of file uploads fail which is unusual. The re-try is normally successful (all using Filezilla FTP client as normal).

Looking at the Filezilla log I'm seeing that the maximum users (100) is reported as being reached so logins aren't always successful. I've been working on servers 4 and 5 mostly but it looks busy everywhere.

i.e. Connecting to web server 5 now I see:
220-You are user number 96 of 100 allowed

EDIT:
An FTP to server 7 displayed:
230-Your bandwidth usage is restricted

Something going on or just very busy?
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.