GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Beckham"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/04/02 at 21:59
Regular
Well someone had to say it.

I'm not bothered about Manchester United here, I'm bothered about England

He's supposedly out for up to eight weeks, which means he's out for the rest of the season.

But will he be back for the world Cup? my poor math skills worked out that he should be back during/after the world cup.

That's if the World Cup lasts for 2-3 weeks as I was told.

Can anyone confirm anything for me? Other than Deportivo are the biggest bunch of wanyne kers that I have seen in my entire life.

I'm not a happy bunny.
Wed 10/04/02 at 21:59
Regular
"es argh"
Well someone had to say it.

I'm not bothered about Manchester United here, I'm bothered about England

He's supposedly out for up to eight weeks, which means he's out for the rest of the season.

But will he be back for the world Cup? my poor math skills worked out that he should be back during/after the world cup.

That's if the World Cup lasts for 2-3 weeks as I was told.

Can anyone confirm anything for me? Other than Deportivo are the biggest bunch of wanyne kers that I have seen in my entire life.

I'm not a happy bunny.
Wed 10/04/02 at 22:16
Regular
World cup Final is on June 30th I think.

Thats Englands world cup chances well and truly over...
Wed 10/04/02 at 22:22
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Now, being a Man Utd fan, I am very unhappy about what happened. I respect Deportivo because they are a fantastic football team but these last two matches were simply a joke. True Keane wasnt fouled but the challenge undoubtedly could have made the injury worse. And Tristan's challenge was appaling.

What is it with them? They dont need to foul-they can beat almost any team ou there and they proved it by CRUSHING Arsenal to oblivion. They are professionals and today was just stupid...

The game was a cracking one but it was spoiled by those silly tackles. Scaloni's challenge was just pathetic and arghhh I aint gonna go on anymore....
Wed 10/04/02 at 22:24
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Hmmm, bet you Man U fans aren't feeling so cocky now, are you? lol. Seriously though, Beckam being injured is a big blow to all clubs concerned, we really would have liked him to play against Arsenal, oh well, looks like we'll have to have Owen save our World Cup bid...again. You watch, he's just saving his poor form, so that he has his best for the world cup, then you'll all come grovelling back to Englands hero, well, the mancs in here anyways.

*this view was made with a slight hint of prejudice*
Wed 10/04/02 at 22:28
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Deportivo were playin dirty in both legs, you'd think they were trying to give Spain the best possible chance in the World Cup and theoretically give Real Madrid the Best chance to face a depleated United team..
Thu 11/04/02 at 09:21
Regular
"not dead"
If he's only out for 8 weeks, he'd only miss the first match against Sweden.

But it's a risk to take him. Hopefully he can get back to fitness a little sooner, and he's a determined chap, so I can see his pushing himself to get back out there, but bones don't heal themselves.

I wouldn't like to see him play only by having pain killing injections, and end up damaging himself worse, and if he does miss this World Cup you can bet he'll be back to make sure we qualify for the Euro championships.
Thu 11/04/02 at 12:20
"High polygon count"
Let's get some persepective on this, though.

Sure, Beckham has done a pretty good job as England captain, but there are many other good players in the England squad.

Sure, they'll see it as a blow, but how must they feel to read things like "Beckham's out - our World Cup hopes are gone"?

Football is a TEAM game, and whether you give them a hope in the World Cup or not, England are not a one-man team. The right side is nowhere near as much of a problem area as the left, so there will be ample cover available.

And - unless we think that our only hope of getting anywhere is to score from every free-kick awarded - there are many other players capable of scoring goals.

As unfortunate as it is, you'll have to excuse me for not seeing it as *that* big a blow.
Thu 11/04/02 at 12:39
Regular
"not dead"
Yeah, he's just one player, but one of our best players.

We still have Gerrard and Scholes in midfield, but we don't have quality to play on either the left or the right.

Our strikers will have to be on top form, as simply, we won't create as much.

We can still get past the first round, I'm confident of that, but it would be easier with our strongest team.
Thu 11/04/02 at 12:52
Regular
"not dead"
Some good news, it's not one of the main weight bearing bones in his foot, this should mean recovery time will be nearer to 6 weeks than 8.
Thu 11/04/02 at 15:35
"High polygon count"
Oh dear! I've just read that not playing in the World Cup could cost him £10 million in sponsorship deals.

What a shame!

Like he needs the money anyway!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.