GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grand Theft Auto 3 - PC"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/04/02 at 21:13
Regular
Will the PC version be any different to the PS2 version?

I know they cut lots of stuff out of the PS2 version due to September 11th, but will they include this in the PC game?

Also, do you know if theyres an internet option on the PC one (multiplayer maybe), because I've heard rumours there is....

Can anyone clarify anything about this game?!
Wed 10/04/02 at 23:03
"Uzi Lover"
AfroJoe you terrorist you!

Personally, I should have waited for GTA 3 PC as I brought a Playstation 2 for it (which I am not happy about).

It's all true too, your PC will HAVE to have a decent graphics card, processor and good amount of RAM to run this baby due to its large, intense virtual world.

Thinking wisely I would say there were to be no online option OR network option for multiplay in the game. I'd be surprised if anything was added at all, apart from a few touch ups on the graphics in some places.

Final verdict is - Get this if you havent been able to get your dirty mits on GTA 3 yet and have a good PC. But if you don't have a certain spec PC don't bother, but you could try. PC Games are FULL of bugs and none of the actual in game screens look nothing like the screenshots on the back of the box unless you are running a super-system. PC's are full of dirty problems when it comes to games, crashes, bugs, errors...urgh thats why I like consoles for gaming (mostly)
Wed 10/04/02 at 22:40
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
chaces are none has been cut out cos it will be controversial whatever.

It basicly has MUCH BETTER graphics if its on a decent comp.

and will probably run faster
Wed 10/04/02 at 22:35
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I would like to be able to crash the plane into the stadium.

That would be so much fun.

:-)
Wed 10/04/02 at 22:35
Regular
There were a few rumours about crashing a plane into the staduim on staunton island being cut out of the game. Dunno how much truth there is in this.

Would be nice to have a few extras like this in the game. Esoecially since the release dates are so far apart and you need a pritty top notch PC to play GTA3.
Wed 10/04/02 at 21:45
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
fizziwizzi wrote:
its not like it
> would mean anything
in the games. I must have wrecked every action game on the
> ps2

well they cut large chunks out of metal gear solid 2 for the ps2 especially the end part when something crashes on the new york shores, *hopefully no spoiler given away*
Wed 10/04/02 at 21:27
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
I'd love to think there'll be an online option, but I guess the best you'll get is the option to link PC's together for a LAN game or something.

Still, better than nothing.
Wed 10/04/02 at 21:25
I would have thought that both games would be exactly the same and the pc version as far as i know doesnt have an internet option.

what was the point in cutting parts of the game out for the september 11th incident its not like it would mean anything
in the games. I must have wrecked every action game on the ps2
Wed 10/04/02 at 21:13
Will the PC version be any different to the PS2 version?

I know they cut lots of stuff out of the PS2 version due to September 11th, but will they include this in the PC game?

Also, do you know if theyres an internet option on the PC one (multiplayer maybe), because I've heard rumours there is....

Can anyone clarify anything about this game?!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.