GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC Gaming Headsets"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/05/15 at 22:39
Regular
I'm intending on getting a good quality gaming headset to use on my PC - price up to £100 if it is the only way to get decent sound quality, but obviously don't want to spend that much if I don't have to.

Apart from the Xbox 360 standard headset I have no experience in this so any advice is helpful.

Anyone got any recommendations?
Fri 05/06/15 at 22:08
Regular
I ended up taking a chance and buying the Logitech G930 for just short of £85.

It's wireless, comfortable and sounds amazing!

The link I've given goes to the 'discontinued' one Amazon are selling. I couldn't see any difference between that or the "newer model" that Amazon have for approx. £15 more, so I bought the cheaper of the two.

Can't fault them so far.
Wed 13/05/15 at 23:42
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Dr. Garin wrote:
I had some of those Creative Labs Fatal1ty headsets for a while, they didn't last very long but maybe recent models have improved..

Bien c'est vous, Garin ...C'est la vie ;¬)
Wed 13/05/15 at 23:11
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I bought the HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset recently, pretty happy with them. I got them because they seemed to be recommended the most in that price range. I had some of those Creative Labs Fatal1ty headsets for a while, they didn't last very long but maybe recent models have improved..
Wed 13/05/15 at 18:16
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Think mine are much betterer than your suggestions chaps ... plus the colour could be dark orange ... but they're so comfortable, believe me :¬)

besides ... if your sound output device doesn't support the headphones ... why buy them?
Wed 13/05/15 at 16:20
"possibly impossible"
I'm using the Corsair Raptor HS40 headphones and they're really nice.

Also have Creative Sound Blaster Evo Wireless Bluetooth NFC Gaming Headset for my laptop which are great but twice as much.
Wed 13/05/15 at 15:58
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Haven't bought one yet, but I like the look of the Asus Strix headsets.

A bit less than £100, but apparently worth every penny...

Plus they're orange and black, full positional audio, work on pc and consoles, and they're orange and black...

Important facts need stating twice!
Tue 12/05/15 at 22:53
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Edgy wrote:
I'm intending on getting a good quality gaming headset to use on my PC - price up to £100 if it is the only way to get decent sound quality, but obviously don't want to spend that much if I don't have to.

Apart from the Xbox 360 standard headset I have no experience in this so any advice is helpful.

Definitely a winner for me Edgy is my last recent purchase ...

Creative HS800 Fatal1ty Gaming Headset ...

get some change from £100 !!!! ;¬)
Tue 12/05/15 at 22:39
Regular

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.