GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Visitors to the countryside please note"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/08/06 at 09:08
Regular
This is going to be a rant:

I live on a quite busy road in Wales. It's one of the main routes to the major (for some reason) tourist delight of Aberystwyth. The house is out in the country, no neighbours, lots of sheep, that kind of thing. Lovely most of the time, but at this time of year there's a constant stream of tourists, mostly from cities such as Birmingham and Manchester, going past. These people have no idea about the countryside!

1. They very often throw litter out of their cars, right onto our driveway and garden, we've seen them do it! This litter includes the usual McDonalds rubbish, crisp wrappers, but also page 3 of the Sun (and similar), and other items of a personal nature which definitly should not be thrown out of a car window.

2. These people have no idea that in the country people's personal space extends way beyond what it might do in Birmingham. My personal space goes right outside the front door. I hate to sound like some welly-wearing beagle-owning land owner when I say this - but people are forever parking on our land and then being surprised when we ask them what they're doing there (in the nicest possible way of course).

3. The front of our house is [n]not[/b] a place for your child to be car sick. There is a layby just up the road, you drove past it 2 minutes ao. That is my front path.

If you're ever driving to Aberystwyth please bear these things in mind. We are very nice really, and have given many cups of tea and phonecalls to the RAC when people break down nearby. We even had an American couple who needed to use the phone just as the news about 9/11 was breaking. We had them on our couch in front of the telly all afternoon.

Jo
xxx
Sun 13/08/06 at 21:08
Regular
I used to go to uni in Aber. I've probably been past your house many times :^S

People are a**holes.

You try to get away from them, but they just won't leave you alone.

Maaan I wish I had a house and a job and stuff.
Annnnyway...
Sat 12/08/06 at 18:57
"possibly impossible"
Part of the problem is where these people come from in the first place. It´s what they´re used to. I too live in a rural area (and by the sea) and see it happening here.

The only local issues we have are the myriad seagulls which either crap everywhere or attack bins...
Fri 11/08/06 at 11:29
Regular
Sounds like you live in a beautiful area Jo and yet it's a shame to hear it gets spoilt like this :S

Sitting outside enjoying your garden in this lovely summer sun and then some guy comes along and urinates against your bushes o_0 umm.

I hate people who throw stuff out of their cars. There's just no need for it, they can easily wait until they stop to bin it, why throw it out the window.

We live in a good area, rarely do we ever get an idiot throwing rubbish into our front garden. One house that's for sale (our house went up and sold while their is still trying) that my mum knows. They live very close to the town and the canal. Unfortunately their house is right next to one of the worst pubs in our town (for drug users) so you get people throwing all kinds of stuff into their garden. You wouldnt want young kids playing in it that's for sure.

You could always put "private property" signs all over the place, but whether it'll work I don't know :S

Oh and it's nice of you to take care of those broken down and the Americans. I might pop over to Wales for a cup of tea :)
Fri 11/08/06 at 10:33
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Yeah, the same thing happens to us, we live in the country (A-hyuck) and there are too many people throwing litter at the front of our house. We also live on a road to offaly, and after Offaly lost to laois some a-holes thought it would be smart to take the flag that we have up at our gate and rob it.

Then we have this little tarmacadam (I probabley spelt that wrong but I've never actually seen it wrote down) thing at the front that I never learned the name of. A few years ago my dad and my brother made the curb going around it, and now idiots in lorrys keep on driving over it and cracking it. My mother drove into a huge piece that had somehow got there ater it was driven over. In the end they put three plant pots there, so no one could drive over it.

We're installing a trapdoor for the flag as well.;D
Fri 11/08/06 at 09:08
Regular
This is going to be a rant:

I live on a quite busy road in Wales. It's one of the main routes to the major (for some reason) tourist delight of Aberystwyth. The house is out in the country, no neighbours, lots of sheep, that kind of thing. Lovely most of the time, but at this time of year there's a constant stream of tourists, mostly from cities such as Birmingham and Manchester, going past. These people have no idea about the countryside!

1. They very often throw litter out of their cars, right onto our driveway and garden, we've seen them do it! This litter includes the usual McDonalds rubbish, crisp wrappers, but also page 3 of the Sun (and similar), and other items of a personal nature which definitly should not be thrown out of a car window.

2. These people have no idea that in the country people's personal space extends way beyond what it might do in Birmingham. My personal space goes right outside the front door. I hate to sound like some welly-wearing beagle-owning land owner when I say this - but people are forever parking on our land and then being surprised when we ask them what they're doing there (in the nicest possible way of course).

3. The front of our house is [n]not[/b] a place for your child to be car sick. There is a layby just up the road, you drove past it 2 minutes ao. That is my front path.

If you're ever driving to Aberystwyth please bear these things in mind. We are very nice really, and have given many cups of tea and phonecalls to the RAC when people break down nearby. We even had an American couple who needed to use the phone just as the news about 9/11 was breaking. We had them on our couch in front of the telly all afternoon.

Jo
xxx

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.