GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Swish New Site, Same Old S***e"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/12/07 at 11:37
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Well once again I'm spectacularly disappointed by the Nintendo website. God do I love those games they make but... that bunch push me, they really do. 'Wii Points Cards Available', they cry! Oh really? Yeah? How about '0' available for the last week? Why do they even bother!?

The points are INTANGIBLE. Exchanged for INTANGIBLE goods. So why are they OUT OF STOCK? The VC doesn't just show down from time to time to fill those e-shelves because it's all just downloads!

So basically my question is whether anyone has had luck in getting cards.

Gah.

Edit: Should of gone in the Nintendo forum. If you have the power, let it be done.
Fri 14/12/07 at 13:30
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I figure there will be an initial rush for them as people exchange those stocked stars, but after that it will take months if not years to gain another worthwhile amount. I only ever claimed the Zelda Collectors' Edition GC disk, and have ~6000 points. 1 N64 VC game can't hurt?

I still think the true insult is that some of my points expire this month. I mean, seriously. Nuts. In. Kick. The.
Fri 14/12/07 at 11:05
"possibly impossible"
I think you're right Alfonse, they're worried that it'll adversely affect the sales of the points cards. Not that you get many for your Stars, anyway. It'll take people forever to save up another load of stars once they've used theirs.
Thu 13/12/07 at 22:55
Regular
phuzzy wrote:
> The points are INTANGIBLE. Exchanged for INTANGIBLE goods. So
> why are they OUT OF STOCK?

I think you pretty much answered your own question, nobody was going to buy the points anymore after this sytem was introduced so they screwed us over in typical Ninty fashion.
Thu 13/12/07 at 17:10
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
I too saw this last night and was pleased to finally use my 'Stars' for some half-useful but alas '0 cards available'.

I'm preparing myself to get sued to that next message for the next few times I check that page until I give up entirely.
Thu 13/12/07 at 13:42
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
The Zelda statue too seemed rather cool, though whether it was worth the 15,000 point asking price is another subject entirely. Not that it matters now anyway, they're all sold out. Wa-hey!
Thu 13/12/07 at 12:09
"possibly impossible"
Yep. They have slightly improved the other things you can get with the stars, though. The slot cars look fun, if a waste of 2000 points.

I'm just going to wait for more points cards to become available.
Thu 13/12/07 at 11:37
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Well once again I'm spectacularly disappointed by the Nintendo website. God do I love those games they make but... that bunch push me, they really do. 'Wii Points Cards Available', they cry! Oh really? Yeah? How about '0' available for the last week? Why do they even bother!?

The points are INTANGIBLE. Exchanged for INTANGIBLE goods. So why are they OUT OF STOCK? The VC doesn't just show down from time to time to fill those e-shelves because it's all just downloads!

So basically my question is whether anyone has had luck in getting cards.

Gah.

Edit: Should of gone in the Nintendo forum. If you have the power, let it be done.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.