GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"too any movements/actions"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/04/02 at 12:24
Regular
im on about the gamecube controller as you see below it has more movements/actions. i`m not saying it`s too many to handle when playing i mean the developers may feel they have to put actions on all the actions you do on the controller so they put in rubbish moves in games when they are not needed.
as some of you may know i put this in the nintendo forum and i worded it wrong so i`ve changed the wording and put it in here to see what you think

PS2
D-pad = 4 movements(two sticks they mostly do the same as the d-pad but with 8 movements) So we will call it 8 movements
4 buttons on top = 4 movements
4 buttons to right = 4 movements
start/select dont count
and if you want to be fussy the two sticks are buttons = 2 movements

total for ps2 = 18 movements

Gamecube

d-pad = 4 movements (the stick on left does the same as d-pad but with 8 movements) so we will call it 8 movements
3 buttons on top = 3 movements
start/pause not included
and the c-stick on the right = 8 movements (they replease the c-buttons on n64)

total for Gamecube = 23 movements

Xbox
d-pad = 4 movements (stick on left AND on right do same thing but with 8 movements) so we will call it 8 movements
two buttons on back = 2 movements
6 on right = 6 movements
start select dont count

xbox total = 16 (and if you don`t believe that the stick on the right is the same as the one on the left believe me it is i read it in a mag)

so the totals again

PS2 = 18
Gamecube = 23
xbox = 16
Wed 10/04/02 at 13:02
Regular
Yes, in fact, the X-Box controllers feature 720 degrees of accuracy in each pad. While conventional pressure pads only allow for 360 degrees of direction, the new emotion pad allows you to turn it at twice the amount.

Unfortunatly, because the difference of control is so difficult, only X-Box representatives, with their enhanced eye sight, are able to notice the difference.

[And for the rest of you who don't keep up with news... Microsoft claimed not that long ago that the X-Box was better because it could display 120 frames a second. What they forgot to mention was that we can hardly see 60 frames a second, our eyes don't refresh that fast. But it PROVES the X-Box is better, so there. :0)]

And as for control buttonage... who cares. I find the Gamecube controller the most comfortable out of all the new ones I've tried, which is a great bonus, because I also prefer the games too.
Wed 10/04/02 at 12:52
Regular
"not dead"
The sticks on a PS2 pad can be used in the same way as the Gamecube pad, so you've got to count those as many-directional buttons too.
Wed 10/04/02 at 12:49
Regular
the wierd one wrote:
but the xbox is **** so no one should really care about it because no one should be stuid enough to buy it.

Shut up you ignorant little twerp.
Wed 10/04/02 at 12:41
Regular
"Tat Twam Asi"
You neglected to mention the analogue-ness of the Playstation 2 pad buttons meaning that several movements can be made by the strenght the button is pressed, best do your math again!
Wed 10/04/02 at 12:37
but the xbox is **** so no one should really care about it because no one should be stuid enough to buy it.
Wed 10/04/02 at 12:37
Regular
"..."
you know those people who have way too much time on their hands...
Wed 10/04/02 at 12:33
"slightlyshortertagl"
Boz wrote:

xbox total = 16 (and if you don`t believe that the stick
> on the right is the same as the one on the left believe me it is i read it in a
> mag)

If you play Halo, which i own, you will quite clearly realise that the left and right controller sticks perform compleley different actions.
Wed 10/04/02 at 12:24
im on about the gamecube controller as you see below it has more movements/actions. i`m not saying it`s too many to handle when playing i mean the developers may feel they have to put actions on all the actions you do on the controller so they put in rubbish moves in games when they are not needed.
as some of you may know i put this in the nintendo forum and i worded it wrong so i`ve changed the wording and put it in here to see what you think

PS2
D-pad = 4 movements(two sticks they mostly do the same as the d-pad but with 8 movements) So we will call it 8 movements
4 buttons on top = 4 movements
start/select dont count
and if you want to be fussy the two sticks are buttons = 2 movements

total for ps2 = 18 movements

Gamecube

d-pad = 4 movements (the stick on left does the same as d-pad but with 8 movements) so we will call it 8 movements
3 buttons on top = 3 movements
start/pause not included
and the c-stick on the right = 8 movements (they replease the c-buttons on n64)

total for Gamecube = 23 movements

Xbox
d-pad = 4 movements (stick on left AND on right do same thing but with 8 movements) so we will call it 8 movements
two buttons on back = 2 movements
6 on right = 6 movements
start select dont count

xbox total = 16 (and if you don`t believe that the stick on the right is the same as the one on the left believe me it is i read it in a mag)

so the totals again

PS2 = 18
Gamecube = 23
xbox = 16

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.