GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I am getting really annoyed with SR's banners"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/04/02 at 11:59
Regular
SR are really annoying me by posting banners for loads of PC games which aren't out and have no release date for such as:

hitman 2
unreal 2
GTA 3

this is really irritating as everytime you see it you think "oh cool thats coming out soon it will be amazing" only to find out there is no release date. This is really irritating as these are going to be three of the best games of the year.

PS. don't even dare put a project igi 2 banner up if there are going to be problems with the release date (this could well kill me)
Wed 10/04/02 at 11:59
Regular
SR are really annoying me by posting banners for loads of PC games which aren't out and have no release date for such as:

hitman 2
unreal 2
GTA 3

this is really irritating as everytime you see it you think "oh cool thats coming out soon it will be amazing" only to find out there is no release date. This is really irritating as these are going to be three of the best games of the year.

PS. don't even dare put a project igi 2 banner up if there are going to be problems with the release date (this could well kill me)
Wed 10/04/02 at 16:38
"Mimmargh!"
I'm sure GTA3 is out on PC...you could try sending SR threatening letters, though you will probably end up getting arrested.
Wed 10/04/02 at 16:57
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yep, GTA 3 was recently released on the PC.
But SR had some trouble getting the CORRECT release date, and I think that may be the case for the other 2 games, and maybe more. But I know that those 2 aren't out for a while yet.
Wed 10/04/02 at 17:46
Regular
gta 3 is out in a couple of weeks i think
Sat 13/04/02 at 09:48
Regular
"Brrrrr."
So what? If they don't know, they don't know. They're alowed to advertise their products if they want. That's the point. Duh!
Sat 13/04/02 at 12:27
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
They can advertise anything they want, thats the problem, they should be stopped.
Sat 13/04/02 at 16:14
"Mimmargh!"
blahpro wrote:
>They're alowed to advertise their products if they want. That's the point. Duh!

But there not their products are they? I mean if they don't have the item in stock or even a release date then its not really a product to sell is it? Duh!
Sat 13/04/02 at 22:44
At least they're not pop-ups. They really get on my goat.
Sun 14/04/02 at 10:01
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Protoss wrote:
> blahpro wrote:
> >They're alowed to advertise their products if they want. That's
> the point. Duh!
>
> But there not their products are they? I mean if they don't have the
> item in stock or even a release date then its not really a product to
> sell is it? Duh!

But they will have the item in stock as soon as it gets released. Their just adding to the hype to increase initial sales.
Sun 14/04/02 at 11:25
"Mimmargh!"
They added hype to Episode 1...remember!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.