GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWF getting better? or worse?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/04/02 at 22:00
Regular
Ive bin watching wrestling for about 13 years now, since i was 3. And over the years a lot of wrestlers come and do. I was just thinking is the WWF getting better or worse?

When i look back on the WWF i think about legends such as Hulk Hogan (so glad hes back) Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man, Million Dollar Man Ted Tibiase, Bret hart, Rowdy Roddy piper! The list goes on. I think to myslelf man i wish they were still wrestling today, it used to be so much better. Do i think this because it really did have a better entertainment value? Or was it because these wrestlers were my childhood heroes?

The i think about Wrestling today, its kind of run by over the top story lines. However today we get gret entertainment by sum of the "xtreme" matches like TLC, tables, HIAC, and the rock and edge makin wise cracks at eveyone! I love to see the rock rip it out of the coach! I realise that people like The Rock are idols for todays youngsters, but the question is has the WWF got better or worse?

I think that its not got worse but the "Legends" as they are now were more heroes than wrestlers! A example being the ovation the Hulkster got when he returned!

What you all think?
Sun 28/04/02 at 19:40
Regular
"..."
You really think those wreslters you listed where any better at what they did than todays stars? If so I suggest you look again.
Sun 28/04/02 at 14:36
Its got worse because I have been watching WWF for about 20 years and I remember all the wrestlers like Hulk Hogan Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man, Million Dollar Man, Ted Tediose, Bret 'The Hit man' hart, Rowdy Roddy piper Jake 'the snake' Roberts when he brought the snake out from under the ring. Paul Bear with the coffin for the Undertaker and his hair over his face all the time. All you have now is this screaming Jesus Stephanie McMan she’s always shouting and screaming my boys stayed up until all hours of the morning to watch WWF and most of all it wasn’t worth it. The Rock is a wimp I liked him before but now I don’t like him at all since he was Dissing the coach even though I’m 44 now I haven’t seen any of it recently but I have seen Hulk Hogan and those white things on his face they’re a laugh. As for the alliance that was crap anyway.
Ria
Tue 23/04/02 at 18:24
Regular
"Where's SR?"
I've got no idea what you're talking about and your question has nothing to do with the topic. It's probably best to start a new topic in the Sony forum or look on cheats or hints at the top of the page.
Tue 23/04/02 at 17:38
hi dus ne 1 have the game? just bring it? if they do can you tellme how to give them unknown moves?
Sat 13/04/02 at 20:07
Regular
"Where's SR?"
Smackdown was great and funny this week and amazingly the Rock wasn't there. Edge filled in perfectly.
Sat 13/04/02 at 17:06
Regular
"Hmmm....."
used to be amazingly good in 98/99 and then started to get boring in 2000 and in 01 it was just absolute rubbish with the invasion angle and now in 2002 its getting a better again.

sorted
Sat 13/04/02 at 15:40
Im glad you agree. I think that the alliance really did screw up the WWF. Because wrestlers who should have been heels were faces! I think the new roster split will actually help! I think this because you will get a variety of main events on raw and smackdown not just:

Raw Main event: Rock vs Austin
SD main event: Rock and HHH vs Undertaker and Austin

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That always used to happen, not with those exact wrestlers tho but it did happen!

Now we should get variety.

What do you all think the WWF should do to help sort itself out?

I personally think that gimmicks should make a comeback, these days everyone has the same character base. I liked it when the undertaker was THE UNDERTAKER! The man from the darkside. I also think that the Hurricane should get a push coz i like his character! We need these kinda people to make it fun to watch! The WWF needs a new L.O.D a new Jake The Snake, not the exact characaters but wrestlers who have good gimmicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant stress how much i think that!!!!

Wot u all think?
Sat 13/04/02 at 14:19
Regular
blahpro wrote:
> There is a post about how peole hate shaneo in one of the other
> forums.
>
> I disagree. What's wrong with him?

I agree with you mate!! Shaun rules!!!!!! Go to SR Site Bugs and sign the petition to get Stryke (the person who started that topic) banned!!

Only do this though if you feel Shaneo's right.
Sat 13/04/02 at 14:14
Regular
"Brrrrr."
There is a post about how peole hate shaneo in one of the other forums.

I disagree. What's wrong with him?
Wed 10/04/02 at 19:46
Regular
MikeAll wrote:
> DW™~Uncle Bin²ºº² wrote:
> This is what we all agree. Me
> and Shaneo (Respect Shaneo) have been watching WWF
> for many years too. I
> know that I loved the ol' days.

*Play's Ultimate
> Warrior's theme music,
> as it rocks!*

So you and Shaneo have sorted out your problems.

Yes thanks. I only put his name there as I know he's a REAL WWF Fan, like me! Also, I have joined Edgy's "Respect Shaneo" campaign!! :D

Dead Wonder™~~ Live from Staines, talking to Uncle Bin.

Respect Shaneo!!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.