GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Moan, Whine, Whinge (Sorry!)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/04/02 at 19:26
Regular
Sorry SR for the little moan here but I'm probably just voicing what many regulars who post in life are thinking.

When was the last time any topic in Life actually won GAD ? In fact has any topic ever won GAD in here ? Even before the split there were a plenty of quality thought provoking posts that were excellently written, and now we've split from Sport theres even more decent ones. Most of us here (hopefully) don't just post to win GAD -it's nice if it happens but mostly we're just trying to do interesting topics ! A lot of my posts here are to do with the news and I don't expect anything like that to win, but the posts about Friends, Patriotism - that kind of thing - are examples of the sorts of topics that have appeared in the past and have been brilliant, but won nothing.

Thats it, whine over..... :)
Tue 09/04/02 at 19:26
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Sorry SR for the little moan here but I'm probably just voicing what many regulars who post in life are thinking.

When was the last time any topic in Life actually won GAD ? In fact has any topic ever won GAD in here ? Even before the split there were a plenty of quality thought provoking posts that were excellently written, and now we've split from Sport theres even more decent ones. Most of us here (hopefully) don't just post to win GAD -it's nice if it happens but mostly we're just trying to do interesting topics ! A lot of my posts here are to do with the news and I don't expect anything like that to win, but the posts about Friends, Patriotism - that kind of thing - are examples of the sorts of topics that have appeared in the past and have been brilliant, but won nothing.

Thats it, whine over..... :)
Tue 09/04/02 at 19:50
Regular
i do totally agree with you. this forum has intelligent topics and ones which beat reading about games any day. moan and whinge all you want
Tue 09/04/02 at 20:01
Regular
"Unknown Legend"
I also agree, alot of posts which are inferior to the quality ones on here win because they are on FOG Prime because that's the main forum. (by the way this is just a theory from looking at GAD wins, i am not trying to accuse anyone).
Tue 09/04/02 at 20:03
Regular
"You've upset me"
I've won for a topic in here before...
Tue 09/04/02 at 20:20
Regular
"A square watermelon"
Yeah, so have I.. It does happen.
Tue 09/04/02 at 21:14
Regular
"You've upset me"
Iguana wrote:
> Yeah, so have I.. It does happen.

Yeah, I remmeber that. They were both on the same subject, except mine was before yours :-)

Mine was about capital and corporal punishment and Tim McVeigh and yours was about corporal punishment :-D

Gaz won for his Shark-Fin soup thing didn't he?
Tue 09/04/02 at 22:02
Regular
Damn straight I did. That'll learn ye for eating endangered crap.

People in Life write about stuff they care about. It's not pre-engineered, it's not rants about movies. It means something. We don't care if we get GAD. It's a pleasant surprise if we do, but it's not one of the aims of the post.

Muahah me winny gaddy.
Wed 10/04/02 at 09:36
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
The reason I come to this forum is to read and discuss interesting "things" about life in general. This particluar forum has some great topics.

I think the idea of GAD is good in that it does reward good work but the idea of this particluar forum is to talk from inside, not to try and write a gad winning thesis every time.

It irritates me when I am looking through a topic and then there is a post from someone that reads " great topic - look at my topic ****** do you think it's good enough for gad?" . All these people are doing is trying to write something good enough to win, and then you get the sitaution which happened yesterday in the PS forum, where somebody copies an article from another website and starts posting exactly the message I put above.

It's not about gad, it's about enjoying discussing things with (mostly) like minded people.
Sun 14/04/02 at 09:44
Regular
"Brrrrr."
We all have an intention of winning GAD when we start but after a while, you see what's important; enjoying the forums. I have never won GAD but it would be nice to. I don't complain, and 95% of us don't complain. It's the other 5% of you that fills this place up with crap. If you read the GAD Rules (part 'h'), then you would see that if you moan and winge about not winning, it just annoys them. So don't do it. You have less chance of winning if you do! That goes to all of you saddos who complain about not winning. So what? This is probally the only chat forum in the world who give away THREE prizes every day for you posting stuff! Be grateful.
Sun 14/04/02 at 11:00
"Mimmargh!"
blahpro!!??! I asked you before to stop reserecting these old topics! Lol.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.