GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What terrorists?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/08/06 at 19:06
Regular
Wow I'm really slow today, I didn't even realise what was going on in the airports. Glued to the information superhighway and it still took me half a day to find out. Sure I checked the latest news, it's just it was for Big Brother instead heh. (not that I watch it anymore :P)

I'm guessing the rest of you woke up to the news. Liquid bombs huh? No hand luggage? Not even a book :S

Good thing this didn't happen 2 weeks ago when I was in Heathrow, waving my gf off.
Fri 18/08/06 at 18:30
Regular
"Colourless"
Smedlos wrote:
> They were supposed to sit somewhere else until they saw who
> they'd be sitting next to :D

Oh defo - when I got to the back of the plane only to find that there were 42 empty seats at the back of the planeas not a happy bunny. Complained to the steward woman and they freaked out because I said the words "air marshals" - apparently they're supposed to be top secret. ^o)
Fri 18/08/06 at 17:49
Regular
Smedlos wrote:
> JL wrote:
>
> To make matters worse, I was then moved from my seat (which
> managed to be next to the hottest girl I have ever seen)
> because
> the undercover air marshals were supposed to sit there.... :s
>
> They were supposed to sit somewhere else until they saw who
> they'd be sitting next to :D

It's one of the perks of the job :D hey you'd do it too ;)
Fri 18/08/06 at 17:36
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
JL wrote:

> To make matters worse, I was then moved from my seat (which
> managed to be next to the hottest girl I have ever seen) because
> the undercover air marshals were supposed to sit there.... :s

They were supposed to sit somewhere else until they saw who they'd be sitting next to :D
Fri 18/08/06 at 17:27
Regular
"Colourless"
Security is being relaxed again I think - flew back from Philadelphia to Gatwick on tuesday and was allowed hand luggage. But rather than the one fat man at the gate checking your boarding card before you get on, there were 30 odd armed police/security people searching everyone and taking everything out of everybody's handluggage to check it. It took about 2 and a half hours. My sister had trouble taking a caesar salad aboard :s To be honest, the "no liquid" thing really isn't a problem at all (apart from those who really need it but they have been accommodated for) as they provide free drinks on the plane anyway...

To make matters worse, I was then moved from my seat (which managed to be next to the hottest girl I have ever seen) because the undercover air marshals were supposed to sit there.... :s
Thu 17/08/06 at 15:08
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Yep think it's £51 now or round about that as mine runs out next Feb so I've got to get a new one ready for next years honeymoon.

I think you can actually get a new passport in about 3 days through fast tracking although in these days or heightened security it might be longer now.
Thu 17/08/06 at 14:26
Regular
Read in the news that it wasnt "days away" like they claimed, some of the suspects didnt even have passports :/ but then how difficult is it to get a fake passport these days. Talking of passports I think the cost of them has gone up again.
Mon 14/08/06 at 13:04
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
...... and if you have time go through twice :D
Mon 14/08/06 at 12:43
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
As long as the body searches are carried out by hot female models i'll be happy to endure that extra procedure :-D
Mon 14/08/06 at 11:38
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
The restrictions have been partly relaxed and they're operating now as they probably expect to do from now on.

From BBC.co.uk

Long-term changes to airport security checks outlined by Transport Secretary Douglas Alexander include the following:

Passengers can choose what to take on to a plane, but any form of liquid, fluid, lotion or gel will be banned. Electronic devices, such as laptops, will be permitted but will be thoroughly screened.

A medium-sized item of hand luggage will be permitted. This bag will be around half the size of luggage previously admitted.

Searches of passengers and their clothing will be conducted more frequently and are to be carried out by hand or using body scanners.

Bit of a pain you can't take booze on anymore and have to buy it on the plane - can't do my trick of taking a bottle of Vodka and coke on now!
Sun 13/08/06 at 23:10
Regular
These security measures, they're only temporary right? When I go to Singapore in October I'm not going to have all this hassle? I don't want to go on the plane with smeg all. Walking around with a plastic back advertising to thieves that it's now even easier to steal not only my wallet but passport too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.