GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is this graphics card any good?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/04/02 at 17:01
Regular
Sparkle 64MB DDR nVIDIA GF4 MX440 4xAGP Graphics Card £82.80.

Well? Is it any good at that price?

I've currently got a well old 16MB Voodoo 3 PCI card and need to upgrade.

Thoughts?

Cheers.
Tue 09/04/02 at 17:01
Regular
Sparkle 64MB DDR nVIDIA GF4 MX440 4xAGP Graphics Card £82.80.

Well? Is it any good at that price?

I've currently got a well old 16MB Voodoo 3 PCI card and need to upgrade.

Thoughts?

Cheers.
Tue 09/04/02 at 17:42
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
Its certainly better than your old card mate ;)

Its the bottom of the GF4 range, but I think it still out performs most other cards at a comparable price.

Wait for someone elses opinion before buying it though :)

Oh, and if your PC is old (it has PCI graphics!?!) check you even have and AGP slot before buying
Tue 09/04/02 at 17:52
Regular
Yeah it does have an AGP graphics slot.

I upgraded the mobo and CPU before christmas, just need a new graphics card now. Although the Voodoo does chug along quite nicely...
Tue 09/04/02 at 18:38
Regular
"How Handy."
NO!

Dont do it!!

They perform about as well as a GF2. Either buy a top end GF3 or stretch a bit more the top end GF4.

That or have a look round for the ATi Radeon. Some people rate it just as good as the GF4.
Tue 09/04/02 at 18:49
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
hmmm told you not to trust me :)
Tue 09/04/02 at 21:56
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Or ignore adni.

It may not be the best, but it's certainly the best option for a budget card for people who don't want to look at second hand ones. The GF3s have gone out of production, GF2s are still about, but the 4mx should still outperform them.
Tue 09/04/02 at 22:42
Regular
"How Handy."
Yes. Please feel free to ignore me. And the rest of the gaming community.. =P
Sun 14/04/02 at 17:24
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Surely it out performs the GF2s? I mean, I would expect it to run a little slower than the GF3 Ti series but at that price surely it's worth getting it? I've seen teh specs on paper, and it looks to be a good allround performer with a low price. It looks better than a GF2 easily on paper, and better than some GF3's. I'd get it if I were you

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.