GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Broadband speed"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/11/14 at 12:59
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Noticed that using the internet today has been extremely slow compared to normal.

Just ran the BT Wholesale Speed test and achieved these results:

Download speed achieved during the test was - 0.88 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 4 Mbps-21 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 19.37 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 1.05Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps

The upload speed is normal, but the download speed is dismal compared to our normal profile!

Any problems today?
Thu 13/11/14 at 14:19
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thanks Eccles ... point taken.
I didn't see any Network Status Info as I said when I first posted. I did think it strange when I finally saw it and that it was posted at 10am. I found this via my mobile!

Everybody has 'apps' these days ... how's about a Freeola App :¬)
Thu 13/11/14 at 11:16
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Hi DL,

Sorry about outage/slow down yesterday. It was a pretty serious outage due to a core router problem.

However, we did post to our network status page shortly after 10AM and your post wasn't until a bit later, so you should have been able to see the status message.

If there is a total loss of connectivity for customers I'm not sure how we could inform them of the problem other than ringing or texting every customer, which would not be feasible, it would have taken all day! In the case of yesterday's problem it might not have affected every single customer.
Customers can always call us for info when our support department is open, otherwise you'd have to revert to some other kind of internet connection, like 3/4G or dare I say it, dial-up, to check out network status page.
Wed 12/11/14 at 22:21
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
I've always wondered what happens when Freeola goes down

... a Network Status Page is produced, at some point!

...you can take the plunge and call Freeola ... only to be told the same, but maybe this route is probably quicker!

... you can be totally in the dark as your connection has suddenly disappeared and therefore no internet to read Network Status Messages!!!

So, for those of us, that actually pay for the connection ... perhaps another method of notification could be offered Freeola?
Wed 12/11/14 at 16:23
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
UPDATE: 16.22

This is more like 'normal'

Download speed achieved during the test was - 18.51 Mbps
IP Profile for your line is - 18.78 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 1.06Mbps
Additional Information:

:¬)
Wed 12/11/14 at 14:29
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thanks chas.

There was nothing on the Status Page when my problem started and its taken me until now to actually respond or to check.
Wed 12/11/14 at 13:36
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Yes, DL, there is a fairly major issue at our supplier's end, with a fault on one of their core routers. This has resulted in a large number of users experiencing either total loss of connection or very low speeds.

At this point, the issue is mostly with speed, as all traffic is being re-routed around the problem.

There is a status message on our help and support pages if you want to know more or wish to track the progress of the problem.
Wed 12/11/14 at 12:59
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Noticed that using the internet today has been extremely slow compared to normal.

Just ran the BT Wholesale Speed test and achieved these results:

Download speed achieved during the test was - 0.88 Mbps
IP Profile for your line is - 19.37 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 1.05Mbps
Additional Information:

The upload speed is normal, but the download speed is dismal compared to our normal profile!

Any problems today?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.