GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Instant pro contact form and Google analytics "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/10/14 at 15:15
Regular
Hi guys I need my instant pro contact form to redirect to a thank you page with its own url it does go to a page saying thankyou etc but I need it to have its own rules so I can use google analytics to track how many times the page is completed and sent. This will help with my add words campaign.

Any help would be useful.

Many thanks in advance
Fri 31/10/14 at 12:25
"Are you sure?"
Thanks motomod.

After looking at your Recaptcha example in the InstantPro options, it looks as if Google have added the "Privacy & Terms" link. I can see some visitors may think these are the terms for the website they are using rather than just the Recaptcha code.

But as you offer different options at least people can choose :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site

EDIT:
Updated to help others using Google Recaptcha (on non-InstantPro sites) and want to remove the Google link.

I see some people are using CSS to remove the link:

#recaptcha_privacy {
display: none;
}
Probably against Google's t&cs though!

Another way to improve Google's Recaptcha "Privacy & Terms" link is to use Google's custom_translations options for
privacy_and_terms - changing it to "Recaptcha Privacy & Terms" or similar.
Fri 31/10/14 at 11:12
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Hi Guys,

Although this isn't something that we are working on at the moment, I'll add your suggestion to our list of desired improvements. I think having the option for a custom redirect after a successful form submission would suffice.

As for the Recaptcha code Hmmm..., this isn't stored on our servers as it's served via Ajax (or an iframe if no Javascript), as such we don't have control over the content. We do have our own Anti-Spam option for users to use, if they're unhappy with Google's offerings.
Sat 25/10/14 at 18:02
"Are you sure?"
Hi and welcome to the forums!

I've just done a test on my InstantPro Site and see the problem where the contact page URL remains the same after submitting a form.

I thought I was going to help by suggesting you try Google Analytics's Event Tracking Code for Contact Form but found that you can't access the HTML you need to edit for this.

Hopefully Freeola will be able to either give access to the form HTML via the editor or change the URL to contacted so you can track things.

Obviously seeing the submitted message from the 'form' will also show you how many people have used the form. FWIW You can add more than one email account to receive the message in case that helps.

EDIT - for Freeola.
It's a bit confusing why the Privacy and Terms link shows Google's stuff?!
I hadn't noticed before that the reCAPTCHA was served via Google but for some people I can see the Privacy and Terms might not 'fit' with their website.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 25/10/14 at 15:15
Regular
Hi guys I need my instant pro contact form to redirect to a thank you page with its own url it does go to a page saying thankyou etc but I need it to have its own rules so I can use google analytics to track how many times the page is completed and sent. This will help with my add words campaign.

Any help would be useful.

Many thanks in advance

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.