GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does a game like this exist?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/10/00 at 13:44
Regular
I'd call it "Intergalactic Bounty Hunter". The aim would be to rise through the ranks to become the top bounty hunter in the galaxy. It would be a free roaming game, like an rpg in style, but with more action elements. You'd start off with few weapons or money, no spaceship, and no job or contacts. But by going to the right places you'd pick up the gossip, you could then approach someone and offer to kill someone for them. For money, of course. Killing certain characters could have different repercussions, you could have a bounty hunter come after you. But you could always fly to another planet, once you've bought a spaceship. Of course it would have to reach a conclusion at some point so there would have to be a vague storyline to follow. Maybe once you have become the top bounty hunter you could hear about a job that will pay well enough to retire on or something! Then they could set it in the Star Wars universe, and have recognisable characters and places in it. You could get some gossip from Watto, or work for the Hutts or something!
Does a game anything like this already exist? If so what is it!
Tue 08/05/01 at 09:24
Regular
"not dead"
From Daily Radar:

Jointly developed by Swedes PAN interactive and Yanks Creative Capers, Intergalactic
Bounty Hunter is yet another game that we'll be inspecting in more detail at E3. For now,
all we can tell you is that IBH is the first of a trilogy and that PAN have all sorts of
ambitious but vague plans to 'exploit the intellectual property'. They also promise that it
'will be the ultimate interactive franchise'. Mmmmn, yes, well, we'll see, eh? The game is
due for a November 2001 release on PC.

Fri 24/11/00 at 21:31
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
How would Lemmings win ?? they're completely thick ;-))
Be like a turkey shoot for the worms - thats if the Lemmings don't throw themselves off a cliff first ;-))
Fri 24/11/00 at 20:54
Firstly, Hello to my Namesake Jimmy(King of Kings).
Resident Evil Karting sounds interesting.. you could choose to be a zombie, Claire or Leon wow it would be amazing.
As a Zombie yould Have the option of using youre limbs as weapons, yould speed up as you lost the extra weight and the kart would be harder to control without your arm.
Choosing Nemesis yould get a big Rocket Launcher, and a Great Dental Plan as Standard!
As Claire yould be, well Gorgeous.
And as Leon you would get a little Police Kart.
You could all Kart around Racoon City, Points would be made for running over Zombies, and You would get a speed boost for putting a half human/zombie out of their misery.
Yould have to keep up the speed or the ravinous dogs would get you on the turns,..
Worms vs Lemmings would be cool too although the Lemmings would probably eat the worms and win.
Fri 24/11/00 at 20:36
i think there should be a game called WORMS VS. LEMMINGS -who will win
it is the ultimate battl because worms have weapons and stuff and lemmings have big tools and they have super lemming there should be a missions part where you battle different teams each round ie:lemmings,worms or mixed and when you complete it the hogs of war should be a bonus battle and or charactors
a great game
Tue 17/10/00 at 23:22
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
no split screen, it would be like a driving game, but you would have to look inside of the car(unless the gun was ontop of the car) then the shooting guy could shoot through the windscreen or from the roof, can't explain it really, there is a game like this, but it was so bad I left my money in there and didn't finish the game, I had been playing for about 20 seconds, my mate left me to die in a crash, I hit a tree, surprisingly the tree couldn't be shot down, not a pretty sight
Tue 17/10/00 at 18:52
Regular
Light gun off rails then. Good idea, but definetly needs two people.

Problem is, there would have to be a split screen, as one would be looking all around, and the other drives.

Humm.
Tue 17/10/00 at 18:46
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I would like agame which let one person drive a car around some scary area, and the other would have a light gun to shoot all the people/things, more action and more control, I like that, more possibilities, whereas with a normal light gun game you have to follow the designed route
Tue 17/10/00 at 17:14
Hey nothings better than my game
Resident Evil Go-Kart Racing, Come on it would be funny and cool at the same time or Resident Evil Arena with 4 player death match I mean why havent they done this yet
Mon 16/10/00 at 18:01
Ever hear of Sid Meier? He made pretty much that game, but it wasn't set it space, he put it in the past, and you were a pirate and not a bounty hunter, maybe you chould pick up a copy of Pirates! or Pirates! Gold, I think the latter is still on sale for around £10 and is well worth buying if you like that type of game.
Sat 14/10/00 at 11:32
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
There's an old PC game called Trader which sounds exactly what you are describing BJ, but it would look very dated now compared to Frontier Elite or something of that ilk. I think it would run on a 486SX, and you could probably pick it up on the web as Freeware if you looked around.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.